low light conditions

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by phone guy, Nov 6, 2006.

1. phone guy

phone guy Member

Do you guys/gals have trouble seeing through your peep even if the inside diameter is large? Do the sight lights take care of this problem?

2. nova-shooter

nova-shooter Junior Member

I personally don't, but my brother does. His problem was his peep sight was too high, you might want to see if adjusting it helps.

3. ridgewalker243

ridgewalker243 Member

Peep

Personally I dont use one. I have had the same trouble for many of years while hunting. I have passed up several shots because I couldn't see through my peep. So finally last year I took it off and my groups didn't seem to suffer any.

4. Archer-D

Archer-D Junior Member

Using Specialty Peep's.

Your problem with light may be due to the angle of the peep you are using. Specialty Archery products have peeps available depending on the angle the string makes with your arrow. The address below shows the 37deg and the 45deg peeps and the screw-in apertures that are available. I recommend the #2 clarifier with an aperture opening between 1/16" and 3/32".

http://www.lancasterarchery.com/sho...age=4&osCsid=60eeb2af844825be8e63acef1001b51d

I hope this helps.

5. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Sight light help alot. The problem I had wasn't seeing throught the peep but making out what pin I was looking at, and the light solved that. Lights em'up like high noon.

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I use the medium size fletcher true peep and an HHA adjustable......I can see my pin till its past to dark to shoot.....the sight is adjustable to how much light the fiber optic can draw in.....so on sunny days you can close off some of the fiber and on overcact days or evening hunts you can open it up and havea brighter pin.....

7. papito

papito Petering it since 06

I use a standard peep, but my sight as a glow ring for low light condtions.