Lucky 8

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by greenhorn100, Nov 5, 2007.

1. greenhorn100

greenhorn100 Junior Member

I been bow hunting a couple of weeks now, I seen several small bucks but no shooters till today. I want it to go to a different spot so I walked about 100 yards away from my stand.
    I sat on the ground by a big oak tree about day light I heard something behind me so I grab my bow drew back and waited to see what it was I finally got to see it.
    It was a huge 8 pointer ten yards away broad side he stops in front of me. I was about to release my arrow and I notice that that My slick trick broad head was gone :doh:
    I don't how it got loose and lost it:Cry: The buck just stood there watching me, I was going to grab another arrow and then I realized I left my quiver ten yards away I didnt like the frist stump that I was setting so I moved and didnt realize I left my quiver behind in order to make the buck moved I screamed at the buck to get :censored: out here :mad: :mad: that would have been my first buck with a bow :frusty: :frusty:

2. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

That sucks for you. I take it, you quiver does not attach to your bow?

Why did you scream at the buck? Why spook him away from that area?

3. greenhorn100

greenhorn100 Junior Member

I always take the quiver off my bow when I Get to my stand
    that buck will hang around if he doesent I have a good 10 pointer :D that i seen several times just not in bow range this coming weekend rifle season begins :laugh:

4. that story really sucks, but look at this way, it will be one of your best memories of hunting and it will be a loooonnng time before you do that again.