Mathews Drenalin and Center Shot

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by IN Bowhunter, Jan 12, 2008.

1. IN Bowhunter

IN Bowhunter In search of the big rack

I just had a Ripcord put on my 2007 Drenalin. I thought I would check the center shot and when I checked the alignment of the arrow as compared to the string, the arrow seems to be going slightly out away from the bow. It looks like I can't get the rest in close enough to get the center shot lined up or it will hit the riser when it drops. Am I missing something here, or has anyone observed this too? Should I just let the paper tuning/ walk back tuning decide the adjustment? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

you put it on or someone else put it on??

also skip paper tuning and go right to walk back ......thats what i do.....:noidea:

3. IN Bowhunter

It was put on for me by my pro shop. Will probably go back and have him check it but I wanted to see if I was just lost or missing something and could fix it myself before I bothered him again, he is a great guy to have work on your bow, and as such is very busy.

4. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

You might wanna try this link....http://mathewsinc.com/index.asp?pageID=mathews101&CompID=56&btnSubmit=ByFileID&cboApplicationID=245&cboFileID=41042&cboFileCategoryID=11077&cboFileCategoryIDMain=-1

5. Oregon Archer

Oregon Archer New Member

i just measured my center shot on my Dren using a Dropzone at 3/4".

6. IN Bowhunter

WOW! Thats way off the Mathews recommended measurment. Did you paper tune or walk back tune that? Thanks!

7. ecmbowhunter

ecmbowhunter Member

he's only off 1/16th

copied from that link:

How do I get center shot on my Mathews bow? Do I use a center-shot tool?
    We recommend measuring off the side of the riser at the attachment hole to the center of the arrow shaft approximately 13/16 of an inch. Adjust the rest as needed for proper arrow flight. A center-shot tool is not needed.

8. IN Bowhunter

OOPS! :doh: Thought it said 1 3/16, not 13/16! :doh: :doh: