Matthews Setup

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Holy Smokes, Oct 6, 2006.

1. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Gents, If you shoot a 29 1/2" draw would you purchase a 29" or a 30" draw and adjust on a Switchback xt. what would be the preffered method of adjustment. Have never fooled with a matthews before so I will need your assitance:noidea: , and I am sure Dreadly can inform me on the Bowtechs:laugh: Have a Blessed Day, Holy Smokes By the way I got a 4 point, a 2 1/2 yr doe and a turkey on my trip to LBL,Tagged out by Wensday. I must have seen 75 deer altold from truck and stand.:biggrin1:

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

They sell there cams in half inch also.....so no need to adjust....although w/ that short of a ata I would order the 29 inch and add a string loop....jmo

3. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

String loops really shouldn't be used to make up for incorrect draw length... the knock should line up the same whether you are using a loop or not :)

I think the typical perfered method is to go to the higher length and then add twists to the cables... but I'm not positive so don't take my word for it...

where is Chris when we need an anwser? :)

4. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I would order the 29.5" cam. No need to adjust anything. Stick with your personal draw length. Good luck :rockon:

5. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

Ill second that, get the right dl to start with, will be a pain to replace strings, and stuff if you need to fiddle alot with it to get it to what you want...

6. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

The mathews are generally just a touch long in draw so 29" with a loop will probably put you right where you need to be. You should have a good pro shop look at your form and help fit you properly.

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

thats only what I was trying to get across....

Correct me if I am wrong but if you would like to shoot a loop which I would recomend to everyone.....

and you are say a 27.5"....you would order a 27 and add a loop......

I am a 27.5 and order all my bows in 27....add a string loop and presto I have a perfest feeling bow.....

If I ordered a 27.5 and added a string loop it would feel way too long....and I would feel over extended......

Last edited: Oct 7, 2006