McCain / Palin

Discussion in 'Offtopic' started by SinGin, Aug 29, 2008.

1. SinGin

SinGin Banned

Well Guys what do you think? As a Republican this is the first thing McCain has done to make me want to vote for him.

2. scottg

scottg Huntin Junkie

I am non-party, but there is no way in :censored: I would vote for Obama. I like Palin and I think that she has more experience at cecision making than Obama and Biden put together. Obama has 143 days of experience "TOTAL". That is all the time that he has spent in session. McCain / Palin have my vote, hands down.

3. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Heck was votin for him before he just sweetened the pot more in my opinion. GO McCain/Palin.

4. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Boys I am gonna vote fer em anyway
    I really do not cherish tha thought of a woman vep
    if he checks out on us shes in charge
    I know that women operate on fellings and men on guts:peace:

5. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

Not true....I have met many men that are not gay that are worse than women :doh:

6. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

I think she's an excellent choice...

7. Holy Smokes

I knew this was gonna happen
    still my thoughts on it.

8. BowhuntnHoosier

You a very smart guy..........

9. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

I'm not sure who I am voting for.

I have two questions for each candidate.

What are you going to do about the immigration problem?
    What are you going to do about the economy?

Everything else is fluff.

10. Holy Smokes

I really do not think your gonna like either ons response
    I heard so many lies last night that I got sick to my stumack
    and Mr Gore took tha cake.::bowl:

11. TEN RING

TEN RING ONE SHOT ONE KILL

And the answer to your first question is: NOTHING
    The answer to your second question is : NOTHING

12. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

That's what I'm afraid of.

13. scottg

scottg Huntin Junkie

I can't see any of them doing anything about immagration. Too many votes to loose by doing that. 12 million and counting.

14. wheresmyarrow

wheresmyarrow Don't Call Me Junior

I've got to admit, I did not see that one coming. I was expecting him to pick someone a good bit younger to appeal to the younger crowd but I honestly didn't think about it being a woman. I think it was an excellent choice but we'll know for sure come November.

15. scottg

scottg Huntin Junkie

I love the idea of a gun totin hockey mom. All reports say that she will stand up to Wahsington and stand up for what is right.

I do have to ask the ones that say that she don't have the experience for the job. Where do you get that kind of experience? There is only one job like that in the world. We are not talking about a CEO changing companies. I would think that being Govenor would make her more quilified for the job, than a man with only 143 days in the Senate and he is running for the big cheese spot.

We need someone that will make rational decissions for the good of the country. We need someone that will stand up to other countries and the terrorist. We need someone that will do something about the immagration problem. I do not feel that we need universal healthcare. That will only bring down the quaility of healthcare. The government would put a cap on what doctors charged and that would not be good.

We someone that will help us get our energy situtation straight. We have waited too long to start drilling now. We should have done that years ago. We just don't have the ability to drill anymore than we are drilling now. We just don't have the rigs to do more drilling. We are building more, but only 1 out of 10-20 is going to drill in the U.S. That is not enough to make a difference.

16. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

That's what I've been telling you...:noidea: :biggrin1:

17. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Amen...:usa: :usa: :usa:

18. BowhuntnHoosier

I know I know..........I'll listen next time.

maybe..

19. MagnifiedFur

MagnifiedFur Team 6

I normally stay away from posts that concern politics,but hey we all have a voice...

I think Oboma is so far left wing he scares the left wing...THATS A FACT...

I think McCain has a track record that is rite in line with my beliefs and views but at the same time,I still have questions...

Neither Canidate has really impressed my socks off to be honest...I wish we had better choices...

On the economy,what kind of jobs can either create? If they are talking $8 dollar a hour jobs,thats already been done by the Clinton's and they seemed to be short term...

Off Shore Drilling,boy Obama really changed his mind fast...We I hope they go with Congress on this one,70% of Congress wants to tap into our own Oil...They already know where it is,all they have to do is set-up and drill...
    My thoughts= As soon as they start drilling Oil will drop oversea's and will show at the pump instantly...We were talking about drilling and prices dropped...The Oil companies overseas do not want to lose our money but at the same time,I think we should keep Americas money in America,It takes money to make money and create better jobs for American families...

What happened to the days when one man could support his family and have the American dream? We need better paying jobs and lower health care !!!
    Why do most American families have both spouses working to make ends meat?I believe in working american women,but what if they want to stay home and raise their children?

My wife is a Teacher but couldnt make it on a Teachers pay,Wake up White House,something is wrong !!!!

20. scottg

scottg Huntin Junkie

Talking about drilling and doing the drilling are as far appart as they can be. I am sorry to say that, but it is true. Prices falling with just talk, only goes to show that prices are inflated to begin with. United States drilling rig utilization is at 95%. We can't drill anymore than we are now. I am sorry, but that is just a pipe dream. The problem stems from 5 years ago when the tree huggers started making problems with the drilling in the U.S. The drilling companies started sending the rigs overseas to drill for other countries. The company that I work for took 19 drilling rigs out of the Gulf of Mexico and moved them overseas. There was no work for them in the U.S. Those rigs are locked in long term contracts now and just can't come back. When you have an overseas company willing to pay double what that rig was making in the U.S. Where do you think that rig would go?

There is a company that is and has built 5 new drilling rigs right there in Texas. All five have overseas contracts. They will not be drilling in the U.S. That is the sad truth, but true. I worked in the Gulf for 12 years and then they moved my rig overseas and I have been here for the last 5 years with no sight of going back to the Gulf of Mexico.

On the other side, the Gulf of Mexico has a vast amount of oil that is just sitting there. Thousands of wells were drilled and capped. Many wells are shut in right now, trying to keep prices up. I know that is shocking, but true. The demand has not changed and the supply has not changed. The prices are the only things that change. There is no shortage of oil for us. Just a shortage on low prices at the pump.