Meat in the freezer

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by ridgewalker243, Oct 17, 2006.

1. ridgewalker243

ridgewalker243 Member

Well I got some meat for the freezer last friday night. I shot a doe in the apples about 20 yards out. Last year I had my first dry year in about 8 years so I wanted to get my first deer out of the way. Now I can really hunt. The Saterday after I hit a 5 point. I was about 25-30 ft in the air and he was 30 yards down hill from me with 2 doe. Well I let one fly and forgot to take in account for being so far above him. When I seen the arrow hit my heart sank. I hit him high in the back and away he went. I looked for him most of the day on sunday but with no luck. Thats about the only bad thing about hunting. Hope the rest of you are having some luck!!!

2. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

what exactly are "the apples" on a doe? I would assume you meant the "nuts" on a buck but I'm confused...

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

thats a little on the rough side......but funny as heck.....

4. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Maybe He hit her in the "HOOTERS":rolleyes:

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

hit her in the hooters:laugh:

hey when did you change your location???

6. ridgewalker243

ridgewalker243 Member

apples

I had my stand in next to some apple trees for you poeple who have nothing else in there life other than to pick apart what other people say.

7. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

relax just jokin with ya. no need to get pissy

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I actually thought you would understand the humor in which dredly was useing but I guess some people still dont know how to enjoy a laugh even at their expense.....

9. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

Humor? Let me know when the humor will start? :laugh:

10. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

The other day when we were talking about it.

Hey Ridgewalker, we're just foolin' around. I knew what you meant.;)

11. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

Thats cool!! I got 2 does this year out of my stand, Got tired of waiting for the chance at 2 big bucks and had to fill some tags as bow season is over now, They were both 30 yard shots, one went about 27 yards and fell over and the second went 12, i was impressed! Im bummed cause i didnt get my elk with my bow this year, goin to have to go shoot the thunderstick this weekend and try with that i guess, got the brass in the tumbler tonight..... so will see what happens, got a 500 yard range vrs a 70, but its still meat for the freezer right!!!!

12. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

70 yrd range w/the bow??? I am saying so everyone can hear me....I aint that good.....sure on targets I can hammer them in there but on a living, breathing, MOVING animal......no way......

13. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

I spend alot of time tuning my heads and shooting far yardages, im verry confident in my hunting, if the animal is offering a good shot, and not looking at me, 70, 80 yard shot on a elk is verry doable. Shot my bull last year at 72 and my whitetail buck at 53. all depends on the situation, ive allso passed up alot of 40 50 yard shots. I had a white tail doe this year, jump the string on me and hit her right below the spine, was a 12 yard shot, and she was looking right at me.... couldnt beleive she moved that much at 12 yards.... :noidea: so now i wont shoot at anything looking in my direction.....