Missing the opener.

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by J.C., Sep 20, 2007.

1. J.C.

J.C. New Member

Gotta have surgery on my ankle Monday. I busted it up pretty bad last January and had plates and screws put in. After a long recovery I've been getting around pretty good lately, but within the last week to ten days it's been gradually getting sore. I go to the doctor and find out it's infected. Just some anti-biotics, right? Nope, doc says to get the infection completely out where it won't come back, all the metal has to come out. :doh:

So, I'm down probably until mid to late October. :Cry:

Don't worry Team 9, the rut doesn't get started good til early November here, so I'm not planning on letting you down. :peace:

2. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

Crouches or not, you need to get up into a tree! :D

Good luck on getting your ankle fixed up!

3. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

That don't sound good. Get better soon!!

4. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

Get Well sooooon.Last saturday-Sunday the morning temps here were in the low 40's and afternoon temps in the 60's....now the day temps are 90+..Dang it.

5. jt13077

jt13077 Senior Member

Hope your ankle gets better! Wait, you don't shoot with your feet do you? How are the arms?!?!!?? J/K get better so we can win this thing! :rockon:

6. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

Still to warm in October anyway...you will be good to go by the time it is comfortable to be sitting in a tree. no worries and good luck with the surgery!

7. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Yeah...Get that taken care of and get better soon...:D

8. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

Hate to hear that, But get it over with. Better to be down for a little while then to have one leg. Infections are nothing to sneeze at. almost lost a finger or hand because of it one time.

9. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Don't worry about Team 9 you just worry about getting healed up buddy. We can carry things til you get up in a tree. We'll miss ya out there but as hot as it is I may not be out there anyway...................yeah right I'll be out there.:biggrin1: Take it easy buddy I'll be prayin for ya.:amen:

10. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

That stinks! I hope that you get better quick. I'm sure that the deer will wait for you.

11. hduc2005

hduc2005 Senior Member

you could hunt from your car :tape: :tape: :tape: :tape: J/K

hope you get better

12. J.C.

J.C. New Member

Thanks for all the well wishes, everybody. I really appreciate it. :wave: