Monster 10 Pointer DOWN!!!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by YankeeRebel, Nov 9, 2007.

1. YankeeRebel

YankeeRebel Member

I shot this " Big Boy" tonight at 4:30 PM. I had to thread the needle to get the shot but the Ol' trusty Bowtech TomKat and I Got-R-Done. He field dressed 200lbs.He has a 24 1/2" Inside Spread!!! He's going on the wall. WooHoo!!!!! :peace:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well I left the Bow shop around 1 PM and went home. I showered with some scent soap, got dressed and left the house. I drove the whopping 1 1/2 miles to a hunting spot and realized I had left my bow in it's case laying on the living room couch!!! :mad: So I proceeded to haul ass back to the house and get my bow. Fast forward to the next 30 minutes, I spread out some Hot Doe piss on the vegetation around my location and I get 25 ft. or so off the ground in my Lone Wolf Sit-n-Climb. After about 30 minutes I switched off grunting on my Buck Growl Grunt Call and my True Talker with a little bit of Primos Estrus Doe Can action. Now last year I seen a Monster 12 Pointer in this area and lots of Doe action but never got a shot. So I knew I had a chance of seeing something once the Bucks here started trolling for Does.Well sure enough at 4:20 PM in walked this Monster 10 point!! He swaggered along like a Big Bull. He was just walking along like he was bored or something. It looked like he was walking towards me but then he veered of course toward a creek that bled thru these woods. And I quickly looked ahead and I knew I needed to shoot him befor he went down to the bank of this creek or I would not have a shot at all. So looking ahead and seen where I might have a shot. But there was little sapling twigs and little sapling limbs in my line of sight. I thought this aint gonna be good. So I decided that I was gonna have to thread the needle in this one and only opening that I had. I came to full draw and he walked right into the opening and he stopped. He was perfectly broadside at 25 yards! I quickly found his right front shoulder and put both my 20 and 30 yard pins just behind the crease of his shoulder. I touched it off and seen the arrow disappear right where I was aiming at. The Big 10 pointer jumped and ran down the creek and to the other bank and looked back. He then stumbled and stagger stepped until he fell over dead. All within sight of my stand. The 100 grain Muzzy 4 blade did what it was designed to do. It was "Bad To The Bone". The Muzzy tipped Carbon Express Terminator had a complete pass thru.:peace:

After the shot I sat down and replayed the last couple of minutes in my mind. I knew it was a Big Buck but just not HOW BIG. I waited another 10 minutes and descended down my tree. I walked over to where I knew I shot him and found my arrow immediately. I then crossed the little creek and there he lay within 35 yards of where he was hit. I walked over to him and it seemed the closer I got to him the bigger he got. That's when I realized that I had shot a Book Buck. I held his head up and seen the massive rack. I couldn't believe how wide he was. And the brow times and the swooping main beams are remarkable!! It was a great day in the woods. A memory that I will cherish forever. :humble:

Last edited: Nov 9, 2007
  2. hoyt_hunter007

hoyt_hunter007 Senior Member

Wow, congrats on an awesome deer!

3. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

Another great Illlinois buck!!!!!!!

Where did you get that huge grinder, we need one like that!!

4. RunMich

RunMich Junior Member

WOW, what a great looking buck. I'd put it on the wall also.

5. SinGin

SinGin Banned

VERY nice deer, but while reading your story I thought I was watching a hunting show with all the advertisments. Now I need to go to Bass Pro tonight to get all that stuff

6. MichiganHunter

MichiganHunter Senior Member

:thumb: wow!! thats a brusier!!! nice deer.. congrats!!! :thumb:

7. BowTechArch

BowTechArch Senior Member

Congrats..........excellent spread!!

8. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

Nice Buck!!!!!

9. dustinpedley

dustinpedley Junior Member

i wish i lived in Illinois :doh:

10. goldflinger

goldflinger Senior Member

HIGH FIVE. get back to us with the numbers when he's scored.:peace:

11. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

That's sweet... Congrats !

Ron

12. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Man!

Thats tooo small should have let him go!:laug:laugh:
    So i could come up there and shot him next year.:laugh:
    Nice buck yankee reb.
    I score whitetails and im guessin he's .........167 to 174.........
    Let me know how close i got!:peace:

Last edited: Nov 9, 2007
  13. YankeeRebel

YankeeRebel Member

That's what I and several of my friends think he will score too. I'm hoping it will go 170 after deductions :biggrin1: but we will see. :D Right now I'm trying to find a reasonable Taxidermist who does a great job in a reasonable time frame. If anyone knows of one in the Casey, Illinois area please let me know. Thanx. :D

Will do there Goldflinger. :peace:

14. tenzero1

tenzero1 Member

Awesum buck!!! we are just racking up a huge total here in illinois!

15. jt13077

jt13077 Senior Member

Nice Buck!!!:rockon:

16. Daniel Boone

Daniel Boone Senior Member

Fine looking deer

Wide spreads like that are special.
    DB

17. Gator eye

Gator eye Guest

Sweet!!! congrats!!!

18. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Awesome buck there. Way to go. Thanks for the pics and story.

19. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

How come I never see those ones in the woods:doh: Maybe it is because I shoot the first doe that I see.:biggrin1:

Congratulations on a great buck. He will look great hangin in your wall.

20. KYHUNTER

KYHUNTER Junior Member

HOLY COW. what a pig, congrats!