Montec G5 broadheads

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by slamdam, Jan 18, 2007.

1. slamdam

slamdam Senior Member

Anybody know if these are a good head to use on Big Boars and do they fly like field points. I am thinking of getting them in 100 grain. i have blazer vanes.

2. muzzystruck25

muzzystruck25 Junior Member

My buddies I have had good luck with the montec G5s and he swears by them, they fly true and hit hard. Plus, they are 100% steel. :peace:

3. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

I used them the two previous years on whitetails. They flew great and are very tough. The only so called problem was getting a razer sharp edge on them. Although, the new ones are suppose to be sharper. I never had one problem with them. Clean pass throughs, good blood trails, very tough and flew great. Just remember shot placement means everything.

4. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

is the montec g5 the 3 blade version of the b-52? A 1 piece head? I shoot the b-52 and likem lots, will be shooting them for a long time, i use the G5 sportsman sharpener on them, they will all shave hair in a matter of a few pulls though the sharpener, im impressed!! Will be using this stuff for a long long time .......

5. acclungbuster01

acclungbuster01 Junior Member

G5 & Striker

I use the Strikers 100 grains and have the elite performance not only true flight and dead on accuracy but enough for a cutting power for any animal, assuming your shooting a setup like mine.