Montec G5

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by IAHunter11, Oct 5, 2006.

1. IAHunter11

IAHunter11 Member

I am thinking about getting the montec G5 and was wondering if anyone had an opinion on this broad head? Please let me know thanks

2. MoBowman

MoBowman Senior Member

Here is a link where they took some of the most popular broadheads on the market and did an independent test and scored each one on preformance and durability. May help you to make your decision.

http://www.american-hunter.com/broadheads/broadhead_test.htm

Some real interesting info here. Give it a read:rockon:

3. phone guy

phone guy Member

I shoot the montecs I love them they fly really good, but they make a little whistle in flight. Hard to sharpen.

4. piethon

piethon Member

One of my buddies shoots them. We were shooting into a target last weekend and he hit the re-bar that holds the target up. Another guy also hit the same re-bar. The montec held up very well, it just needed to be sharpened. The other guy had a total loss. His broadhead exploded into pieces on impact. Just a testament to how durable they are!

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I also have heard the whistle thing.....tried the Sonic yestarday and also heard the whistle.....did not fly all that well, then I relized I was getting feather contact on my riser.....will adjust that at lunch today and see what happens....

6. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

I shoot g5 100 gr 2 blade b-52, i love them, they group awsom, and are so easy to sharpen, i bougt the g5 sharpener also made by montec, 4 or 5 light pulls though it and it shaves hair!! Get great penitration with them also, I killed a elk and deer last year with them. They seem to get the job done, i will be shooting this head for a long long time!!! :rockon:

7. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I think it may be time to move that rebar.... :biggrin1:

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Hey as long as deer have had the new super rebar legs installed the broad head should perfom great

9. lungbuster

lungbuster Senior Member

Montec's

I shot a 225lb buck last year with the 85 grain g5 and, it was a pass thru ,it even went thru the shoulder on the other side the head was still good they are tough..... with speed hunter vanes and my 85 grain heads shoot just like a feild tip....

10. Allen

Allen Senior Member

My experience is about the same as the others. Good performance but they are not very sharp out of the box.