More Contests, what kind should we do?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Chris, Feb 19, 2008.

1. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Ok, the current contest is a referral contest. What type of contest do you think we should have for the next give-away?

I want to incourage new membership so that must be factored in as well.

Please post your thoughts. I don't know for sure what we will give away next. I'll try to make it something good.

2. rodney482

rodney482 I love this stuff

the kind where I win:peace:

3. Southernfryedyankee

Southernfryedyankee Senior Member

I second that motion except where I win :peace:

4. Southernfryedyankee

Southernfryedyankee Senior Member

How about a decent kids bow Id throw some cash in for that kinda raffle

5. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

How about a thread where you can only post once and draw a random number?... I'll leave the prize up to you...:noidea:

6. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

Why do web forums always feel like they need to have the largest membership base on the planet to be successful? Don't get me wrong, exposure and increased membership are great, but that very thing is how we got archery1983. :doh: You can't just let any yey-whoo with a dummy yahoo email account join this place. Lets do what it takes to continue to attract quality people. Whatever that may be. I think giving away a Toyota Tundra would be popular. If the winner has to pay taxes on it, I think that would filter out most of the rift raft.

7. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

How about we factor in that age old idea of "articles" that was kicked around multiple times previously?

Something like submit an article on a topic (you'll get multiples on the same topic most likely) and the person gets a random number which is then drawn at a later time.

That should fill the article section in one contest.

8. NerdHick

NerdHick New Member

911 did this one time somewhere...

get a list of things and the first one to post them all correctly wins...

example, images of the following,

4 different black 101st airborne bows
    1 sweet looking Mathews Switchback XT in the same pic as a robin hood...

stuff like that, 911 has some good thoughts when it comes to free stuff, I wonder why??

:tape:

:peace:

9. Gator eye

Gator eye Guest

To enter you have to add a event to the list of up coming shoots. Indoor, outdoor, spots, 3D, or field, anything anywhere archery.

Help everybody plan out a good year.

10. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

This really isn't a contest, but a way to get people to register is to not show all threads unless they register. The catch is there are many who will just stop coming to the site....therefore not seeing the advertising if they HAVE to sign up. Maybe you could flash up a naked pic of slippy's avatar on the lurker's screens until they sign up, once registration is complete then the pic goes away :noidea:

What about having a contest to give away something nice to a new member...i.e. all us current riff raff would be ineligible to win (especially bunny), all new members in the month will be eligible to win a dream hunt with Slippy :wave:

11. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

I think we need to think about something that will bring people back....I think with this contest we are having had a bunch of people register just to help their buddy win the release.

12. bullfiddle

I can honestly say I have no idea who used my link....:noidea: :noidea:

13. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

So whats wrong with that???

I have not referred anyone, except maybe Cody a long time ago.:noidea:

14. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

I think the point of having people register is for them to stick around so they can see the advertising.

Who cares how many members there are if no one is sticking around. :doh: :noidea:

15. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I was just saying..........:D

16. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

so i am NOONE????:pout: :pout:

17. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

:noidea: :noidea:

18. OneMustFall

OneMustFall Member

ya sounds good,wheely quiver..............................:noidea:

19. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I have almost everything i could ever want as far as archery goes, BUT I could use, a EZ-Press:noidea:

20. bullfiddle

Wheely's just getting started. I think we should at least let her make a little profit first....:noidea: