Most Memorable Bowhunt

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by Holy Smokes, Mar 3, 2007.

1. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Hey Fellars, I would say girls to but she blends in so well I'll give her statis,

Do you have a most memorable Bowhunt? I'll have a hard time with thisen(this one) for about all are so special. . i do have one that just came to mind it is defiantly firstist> HS

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

So far the hunt that I harvested the 8 point this year still gets me shook up should i think about it......and that :doh: miss I had on the BIG one I will never forget that........there are so many but the ones that I will never forget are the ones w/freinds......:hug:

3. Holy Smokes

That's really good Bm. Do you think you could elaborate on them alittle bit. in other words spin us s good teale of it, can ya? HS

4. Holy Smokes

I shure hope they ain't no word limit on these postis HS

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

its like 500 per post I think......

6. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

Why is it that the most memorable moments are the times the big ones got away. I've got too many of those memories. :Cry: :Cry:

But I have also have a lot of good memories of the ones that turned into jerky and backstraps. Yummy!!!!! Which makes me wonder, how many of you process your own venison??? Don't answer that here, I'll start a new thread. Don't want to hijack another thread.

7. hoyt_hunter007

hoyt_hunter007 Senior Member

Actually, id rather not elaborate on my really good BM's :tape: :whoo:

8. Holy Smokes

This one reason I have not used the abreveation on Bowman I should have keep spelling it out > Sorry Mr Bowmwn. And hh007 :nono: :nono: Thats 2 HS

9. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

Thanks, I think :biggrin1:

I will share my two experiences the only time I hunted 5 years ago. I only hunted for one year before I got pregnant :doh:

#1- I was hunting with a guy that talked about nothing but "getting a big one" that year, so hearing all the talk about killing a huge buck, somewhere in the back of my mind, I was going to kill a big one too. Anyway, I came up over a hill and could hear something coming my way, so I kneeled next to a bush (there was no other cover on this hill). A small buck came just 20 yards from me and stopped broadside. I could have easily arrowed him, but those antlers just weren't impressive at all. I was able to move to a standing postition before he took off. I am still kicking myself for letting my First bow kill get away:doh:

#2-I was going to meet a cowboy that was going to show me where he'd seen the big bucks, so, I stepped out of my little tent to change my clothes. Standing at the door of my tent, I dropped my pants to my ankles to get my camo pants on. Just then I heard something behind me, I turned to see a small, but decent buck strolling along the hill just about 35 yards behind me. I couldn't move. With the buck on one side, my pants around my ankles and my bow sitting cased in my jeep just 10 yds the opposite side. I could do nothing but watch him trot up over the hill.:doh:

10. hoyt_hunter007

Dont make me tell the story of the big one that got away...:pound: :scared:

11. Holy Smokes

12. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

this thread just became useless without pictures.......:noidea:

13. Holy Smokes

14. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

15. Holy Smokes

16. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

wait wheels gave rudy his red nose????:noidea:

17. Holy Smokes

Had'nt you ever heard of Santa's helper> HS

18. hoyt_hunter007

what does the Simpson's dog have to do with a rudolph?..i doubt they ever met...:biggrin1:

19. Holy Smokes

You never heard of him pulling that sleigh with ol ruddy in tandem> Fits right in with todays PC world> HS

20. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

I am starting to feel like a thread hijacker, without even trying.:biggrin1: