Most OVERPRICED BOW 2008......

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by BUNNYMAN, Nov 26, 2007.

1. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

so I thought I would start a MOST over priced bow for 2008.......were talking MSRP here......

LETS START w/the UGLIEST......

Price: $949.99:sad: :sad:

2. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

I gotta agree that's overpriced and UGLY.....:pound: :pound:

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

and please oh please lets not forget the most OVERPRICED HUNTING BOW......

Price: $849.99-$949.99:doh: :doh: :doh:

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

PSE has really taken over the UGLIEST bow title......

but PINWHEEL is gonna tell you all about his checks he brings home.......

well all i can say is if you put a recurve in Hopkin's or Cousin's hands they would still be better than any of us.....:noidea:

5. fusion3

fusion3 Junior Member

not to mention crappiest bow. (i am sorry guys, i just hate PSE, and thats my opinion)

i will agree, the pse and mathews are the most over priced bows out there. rediculous really. and my GOD are those new shipley bows gawd ugly.

6. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

Most overpriced? I would say all of them. Just kidding. I haven't shot any new bows yet, don't really want to cause I am so happy with mine.

7. Shaman

Shaman Senior Member

Wow, 9 post in and already an acknowledged Brand bigot.
    There is a forum for that, it is called AT.

None of the bows are overpriced, because people are still paying cold hard cash to buy them. Want to talk over priced you need to look at the older PSE Intrigue. Even for a limited edition bow, $1800 was a bit much. It did not sell that well either, which proves out its 'over priced' status.

At least the XF-DS is a branded item and people are paying for the Drury nameplate, just like people pay for LeBron on their shoes.

PSE line will sell because they are fast AND shootable.

BT will sell playing on the patriotic theme.

Hoyt will sell based on rock solid performance and their still unique look.

Mathews? I've got to think a SB with new camo and slight weight difference for $200 more than the SB is not going to land on the best seller list. If that is a Mathews camo then they don't have to pay royalties and so they should be able to bring the price down a bit but instead are trying to maximize profits (not that there is anything wrong with that, just pointing it out).

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

IT IS NOT 200 MORE THAN THE ORIGINAL SWITCHBACK.........MSRP ON BOTH IS $759:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

http://mathewsinc.com/mathews-bows-Switchback-44-ViewProduct-1367-287.asp

http://mathewsinc.com/mathews-bows-S2-44-ViewProduct-1455.asp

:noidea: :noidea: :noidea: :noidea: :noidea: :noidea:

9. Shaman

Shaman Senior Member

a slight exaggeration, but the street price on the SB is not $769.
    A first year bow under a new name at a dealer is going to hold its cost a lot closer to MSRP than the SB will.
    If anyone pays MSRP either way, any bow is overpriced. ;)

Besides, the point is.. that it is all relative.

My pal bought a Drenalin. And for what he paid, I got my bow, a dozen arrows and complete laser tuning. Does he shoot any better with the drenalin than with my diablo? Nope. But his closest dealer is Mathews, he likes the tech and he gets good service. He paid what he needed to to get the bow he liked and good service to boot. Same for me. If someone is willing to pay the price, then that is what the bow is worth.

Overpriced is a relative term. Though if you ask my wife, everything is overpriced and she wishes we still lived under the barter system. And if complaints were made of nickels, we'd be rich. :Cry:

And before 'someone' comments about the common man not being able to afford almost a grand for a bow. Look at the people they are talking about. If it anything like my office, the complainers about bow pricing (or gun pricing) have a camp/lease, a camper, an ATV, they spend hundreds on feeders and food plots. But when it comes down to the actual tool used to take their game, they want the best bow at the cheapest price, with the best broadheads for $5 each. Again... all relative.

For me, I'll never be able to afford the top of the line car or motorcycle, or take a 5 star tour of Europe.

But I can squeeze out enough money to buy 'a' top of the line tool and the best part is that there are so many to choose from. How often can the common man say that about anything? Not often.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2007
  10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I have allready talked to the boss about this bow and it will sell cheaper than the original switchback, ......

11. Shaman

Shaman Senior Member

Then you live in a nice place.
    Here, a new Mathews line is sold AT MSRP.
    Older lines get a discount because the current year has to compete against hold overs and used bows. SBs won't be sold at $769, but S2s will be going for a lot closer to $759

12. j3dGuam

j3dGuam Senior Member

:amen: Agreed!

13. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

I think Elite owns the most over priced bow. over $1000.00 for a hunting bow is a joke.... They are basically an over priced Bowtech any ways...:laugh:

I doubt that if your put a recurve in Cousins and Hopkins hand they would smoke everyone on this site. Though they are top shooters. Not in the traditional realm.

I'm surprised you have the balls to call PSE the crappiest when bowtech cant keep there limbs on there bows long enough to shoot a round. They got limb issues left and right. There finish comes off after a month on there target colors. Maybe you should check your sig before you slam another company.
    You dont hear about quality issues with PSE.

14. Shaman

Shaman Senior Member

Not to start the whole, "what is a bow' debate:

Stryker - Price: $1,599.00

15. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

yeah really......you dont hear aboutthem PERIOD.....:laugh: :laugh:

it was more genralization that those shooters will be good, no mater what bow is in there hands......

16. Pinwheel1969

true.. but a bow designed for target in mind. Will be more forgiving with all the emnities included. Though it not the prettiest thing on the planet. Its design was to be a shooter. Not just another pretty bow.:laugh:

17. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

couldnt they have tried to find a happy medium,???:laugh:

18. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

That moneymaker bow reminds me of some of the old Bear bows...

19. Pinwheel1969

you'll surprised how many of those ugly bows your gonna see on the course this year.. :laugh:

20. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

so your gonna come and open a PSE shop??? cus we dont have one any more........