Move over STS theres a new kid in town....

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by BUNNYMAN, Aug 14, 2006.

1. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

maybe I am the last to hear about this but has anybody seen the Custom String Suppresor being advertised on AT in the Classifieds section???

Kinda like the STS only cleaner looking....Only rear mounts, sorry camo Hoyt guys......I need to order one of these and let you guys know about them....The guy selling them is....meanv2....its like 34tyd....

Always like to help a guy who is starting out.....

As far as copy rights and things, how many companies make drop aways and slider sights?????or even carbon arrows for that matter......

Some one should drop him a line to advertise and show off his stuff over here....on chris's great web site.....

2. whitetail99

whitetail99 Senior Member

Please post a Link???

3. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I've heard GREAT things about them... not that I'm on AT 24/7 or anything (As long as I keep denying it then I don't have a problem, right?)

It is a much cleaner look, and they supposedly work just as well as an STS for a lot less.

If I ever manage to get a new bow one of those is going on it. I dont't like that big aluminum block that the STS adds to my bow.

4. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

I too have seen these. STSman has stated he has a patent pending so time will tell as to what happens with the knock offs.

The new ones with a custom design for each bow would be a manufacturing nightmare. Right now, demand is very light for the new modified models. If they start to really sell a lot they are going to have trouble keeping up.

I don't know if he is taking an STS and modifying it or making his own. If your planning on buying one, you should find out. If he is modifying an STS, I would call them an ask about warranty with it. MeanV2 is going to say they are covered, I would ask STS directly. They may have a different opinion. STS 731-286-6889

5. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Pretty sure they aren't manufactured for each bow. I think it is basically a piece of pipe w/ threading and a locking screw on it and a stopper on the end.

I know they won't be around all that long as STS will squish it dead when the patent comes through.

Still can't figure out how this is any different from what Bear has been using for years. I would assume that STS would get hit with a patent lawsuit before they can hit anyone else... but I'm just guessing

6. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

There was another fella on AT selling another version I think his name was Coolhandluke. Not sure if he is still selling them but they looked pretty nice also. I'm still trying to decide if I want an STS or knockoff on my bow.:noidea:

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

How is this any different than companies making different carbon arrows???
    most claim there are weaved and layered and this and that, Why cant we have some choices? Maybe this will convince STS to make theres look cleaner......Love the thing but it is ugly on my pretty Switchy......

And as far as a Manufactureing nightmare correct me if I am wrong but wouldnt you just be able to make a bunch for say a Switchback after the first three were ordered and you saw that they all needed the same length??
    of course maybe I missed something there???

8. aggie2000tx

aggie2000tx Junior Member

A guy I shot with at the Classic had a home made one. All it was was a threaded AL rod that had a limbsaver on the end of it. It worked really well for him as far as I could tell.