Move your stand or not?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by BUNNYMAN, Sep 4, 2006.

1. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

So tell me how many people, put stands back in the same place, year after year??.....was just wondering as I am always looking to improve my stand locations.....

2. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

I may move them alittle, but mostly they stay in the same area. it depends on what my scouting turns up. I have a ladder stand that I haven't moved in 4 years. I just check it about mid September to make sure it's still sound.

3. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

I keep putting some stands back in the hot spots. But I always try some new locations just to see what is going on.

4. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I'm in a new spot almost every day, i don't hang stands though, I just pack my summit in in the early hours and then climb the tree :)

5. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

the place i hunt deer, the owner has his stands up all year, we dont move them, but theirs 4 of them, plus we hide on the hay stack and have a good natural blind spot, so theirs lots of options, saw 96 deer come out tonight, and 2 dandy bucks.... one of whitch i messed up on.... most of the time the wind direction is how i select where i will sit, im hooked up great cause the landowner dosent bow hunt, so i have the run of the place.... tonight was my 4th night in a row, and ill go everynight now till i kill the big one i missed tonight, if i dont gettem with the bow, ill haveto get the thunder stick out i guess :eek:

6. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

you counted all 96 of them? where the hell do you hunt! I'm MOVING!

7. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

yep i counted them. im sure their were more then that, theirs a few blind spots from some tree branches and limbs, so i cant see the entire feild, its pry about 300 yards wide and 400 or so long, and has nice green hay growing in it, gets a lot of deer on it!!