moving to columbia SC, need to meet some archer in the area

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by dallaswade, Apr 20, 2008.

1. dallaswade

dallaswade New Member

i'm moving to just outside of columbia sc, and i'm a huge fan of archery and bowhunting, been doing it since i was 8 years old up here in va. however i don't know anyone down there and i really want to continue to compete and hunt. i just closed on my new home this past friday and i'll be there this friday the 25th with the moving truck. i'm blown away at how nice everyone is down there. just not used to that around here! so if anyone has any info it would be greatly appreciated.. thanks geoff williams

2. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

:welcome: to the forum. Hopefully you find some great new buddies and some prime hunting land for the upcoming season. Take care and post up.:peace:

3. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Welcome Geoff,
    We have a member or 2 in the Columbia area I just cant remember who right now but we'll keep you up top for a while...

Good luck on the move...:D

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I thought SOUTHERNFRIEDYANKEE was SC......:noidea:

5. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

yup... just not sure where in SC...

6. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

He is in Rock hill which is to the north and west about 125 miles.
    I was born not far from there.

7. Southernfryedyankee

Southernfryedyankee Senior Member

I most certainly am sir, I am in Rock hill which is about an hour or so from Columbia. Good catch Mr. Bunnyman :rockon: . Oh and by the way I havent forgot about you or JCMorgan, things just have been a lil rougher than normal and I have been devoting more time to my kids since its a lil warmer now. :peace:

8. Southernfryedyankee

Depending on what part of Columbia I am 76 miles from I guess the beginning of columbia

9. Holy Smokes

I was close
    tha avatar is a Bumble bee chilid
    them is very aggressive critters
    did you know they were considered chameleons

10. Southernfryedyankee

Actually sir it is a demasoni cichlid and they are mean also if not one of the meanest , ill post some pics for ya of my tank and other fish.

11. Holy Smokes

tank full of agression for sure
    Could'nt tell tha color in tha atavar

12. Southernfryedyankee

Actually my aggression level isnt that bad.

I have 28+ demasoni (someone had babies and I have only found 1 so far and I dunno how many more there are) I have 7 yellow labs (will be getting more of them also, 2 synodontis cats and 5 bristlenose plecos so the aggression has been few and far between. My temps are around 80 deg which seems to have minimized alot of aggression in my tank. The tank is 125g and I have plenty of rockwork with plenty of fair game for territory and hiding spots. Now granted as the fish grow I will have to rearrange the rocks to accomodate the larger fish and to create new territories. I am thinkin about getting another 100lbs of the rockwork to help even more :peace:

13. Dooby

Dooby Scooby Dooby Doo!

I don't see how you keep the small rocks even. The only time I tried to get a cichlid tank going the rocks had to be at least the size of marbles to keep them from digging to the bottom of the :censored: tank!

Nice setup...makes me wish I could have an aquarium again. Can only afford one hobby at a time, and I chose archery, now. :noidea: