Music

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by BowhuntnHoosier, Feb 3, 2007.

1. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Do you guys and gals shoot better when you have some calm music playing or when its quiet or like me when its noisy as a daycare???

2. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

I pretty much suck no matter what....:Cry:

3. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

I ahve tried to shoot dots with a annoying sound for I shoot mostly by myself. I think it would help for you have some very competive folks out there that will try to distract if possible.
    I just bless(For Good) them under my breath and let down till they stop thier spoiled
    acts of one upsmanship. HS

4. two_shoes

two_shoes YOU! Get in my belly!

We were told at the first state shoot this year that iPods & MP3 players/ headphones would not be allowed. I usually sing to myself while walking back from retrieving my arrows.

5. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I'll second that for myself. Besides, if music were playing I would not be able to hear the cr*p my buddies give me as clearly. That kind of harrassing makes me a better shooter so hearing it clearly is of utmost importance.

Ron

Last edited: Feb 3, 2007
  6. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

I really dont like total quiet, some music playing , not blasting is good, But at our scoring indoor shoots, its dead quiet, guys even wear earplugs now.....:noidea:

7. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

i try to focus on my form when not on the line where I have to focus. Keeps me in tune with the next round.
    Of course I cut up alot.as well.> HS

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I would rather have it quite but dont mind light noise.....

although I have shot w/tunes on and dont shoot any better or worse.....

If I have a choice of music when shooting it would be stuff like metalica, acdc, something hard and fast.....it gets me zoned better:noidea: :noidea:

9. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

I can usually stay focused no matter what's going on...
    Being married has honed my skill of Selective Hearing...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

amazing how that works......

11. XSPOT

XSPOT Junior Member

cell phones ringing is music to my ears, it never fails you go to the range and you are shooting a good score or you are at full draw and a cell phone rings, usually with some kind of hillbilly music ringer.