Muzzy Mx-3 ??

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Relentless, May 2, 2007.

1. Relentless

Relentless Junior Member

I have shot muzzy's since i was little, but the new G5 broadheads are awesome. I quit shooting muzzy's because they changed manufacturers and I noticed the were impossible to get to fly straight...only reason i know they changed manufacturers is cause Travis "t-bone" told me after i told him i noticed a difference. Does anyone know anything about the MX-3? cause the fixed blade is hard to argue with i don't care what expandibles say. right now i shoot G5 Teckan II

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

firt off welcome to the site.....:welcome:

and now that you have been welcomed I MUST SAY THIS......

If your Muzzy's are not tuning....then you need to tune your bow better.....Sorry to tell you...they are the best broadhead on the market for any game, they have been around a very long timeand continue to do well in any hunting situation....

3. Relentless

Relentless Junior Member

Let's put it this way I would agree with you the Muzzy's are awesome, but When you have one of the best bow guys in the country tweakin the broadheads and bow and can't get the broadheads to tune...something up. The bow (Bowtech) had a perfect tear when paper tuned and arrows were brand new. The Tekan II flew perfect and killed a deer the next day and I will say I've never shot expandables because scared they wouldn't open. But i was extremely impressed impressed with that tekan. What I'm saying is the MX-3 is said to shoot true to field tips and I was wondering if anyone had shot them and if it was true?

4. 'SIN'ERGY

'SIN'ERGY Senior Member

There's not a fixed head out there that flies true if the bow is out of tune.Sounds like you already made your mind up and have confidence in the Tekan so stick with it ,that's half the battle.

5. 'SIN'ERGY

'SIN'ERGY Senior Member

Just because a bow paper tunes with points does not mean a broad head will fly the same. An expandable will usually and that's why most guys shoot them.

6. Relentless

Relentless Junior Member

by the way thanks for the welcome. Didn't mean to get in a shoot out th first day on the forum ha ha. I did like the tekan, but I perfer the fixed blade so i was just wondering what ya'll knew about the MX-3

7. 'SIN'ERGY

'SIN'ERGY Senior Member

No shoot out just tryin to help:peace:

8. Relentless

Relentless Junior Member

well what needs to be done to tune the fixed blade

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

and i am saying that if they would not fly true, then there was something wrong w/the setup......my Switchback tunes feild tiped arrows (that are right on the raged edge) just fine.....but shoots perfect bullet w/longer heavier, broadhead tipped arrows

raged edge arrows=very short, very light weight

longer heavier arrows=3 inches over the rest, heavy vanes, 4 blade heads

10. 'SIN'ERGY

'SIN'ERGY Senior Member

Go to Easton website they have a download you can get for free on how to broadhead tune.

11. 'SIN'ERGY

'SIN'ERGY Senior Member

Only a Mathews guy would use the term ragged edge:laugh: :laugh:

12. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

as far as tunning I think muzzy makes tunning easier than any other company....

you screw the ferrel in put your blades in and screw the trocar tips on....

they even give you practice blades.....

what I do is put in the practice blades, tune that arrow to that ferrel, take the tip off, remove the practice blades, replace w/sharp blades and screw the tip back on.....works every time and you dont have to sharpen your blades before shooting them because you dulled them up practicing w/them....

I have checked them to make sure they hit the same point...and they always do.....

13. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I dont know the X-force guys will probably be using that term more and more.....

14. 'SIN'ERGY

'SIN'ERGY Senior Member

YUP:laugh: :laugh:

15. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

And just what is that supposed to mean???:doh:

16. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

X-force.......350.....really fast......raged edge......are you smokin your dinner again or what????:noidea: