My best group ever.

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Southernfryedyankee, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Southernfryedyankee

Southernfryedyankee Senior Member

I got my bow partially tuned today. From what I was told It would appear that my arrows were aiming for the moon, the tension on the spring of the rest was to high causing the arrows to kick, the string was rotating in the D-loop moving my peep. After all this I went shooting and I managed to shoot my best group EVER at 20yds here are the pics. 5 kill shots and 1 wound shot
    (sorry guys thats why im practicing)

[​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]

2. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

3. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

Hey !! practice makes perfect. dont worry about that. none of us ever started by shooting bullets holes right out of the box.. nice shooting on your groups though. minus the 2 odd balls. They are good groups.

4. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

Actually, if the deer would have jumped the string it wouldn't be a wound, and it looks like it hit the corner of the lung. I'm sure my rages would have put it down.:biggrin1: :biggrin1:

5. Hkdfrlife

Hkdfrlife Senior Member

Good groups

Nice shootin dude! keep at it

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

awsome groups.....you should mark your arrows and see if those 2 continue to not group w/the rest of them....if they do turn the nock so that one of the other fletches becomes the indexing vane.....works for almost all my fliers

7. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Nice groups there buddy. Keep at it and things will come together for ya. Thanks for the pics.:peace:

8. Greg / MO

Greg / MO Member

Good advice on indexing the nocks... And I wouldn't call any of those shots wound shots; that lower left one has resulted in many a triangle through the heart on more than a few of my deer!

9. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

NYL, Man you would hafta git tha fork out:hungry: for everyone of them shot.
    Tha Deers had better lookout when bow season gits here> Smokes

10. Southernfryedyankee

Venison chili here I come

11. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Just a suggestion...

start shooting multiple spots, arrows are expensive and you're going to start breaking some if you keep shootin like that! haha good shooting bud! :rockon:

12. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Now ain't tha Bg D just soooo pracital. :biggrin1: Ya just gotta love em.

13. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I was going to shoot my OG the other day and realized I only have 2 arrows left for it... all the rest have been damaged or destroyed because of goofin off...

I should probably order some more. Anyone got any GT7595's in 29" that they wanna get rid of? :noidea:

14. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Nice shooting.

Yeah, Bowman makes a good suggestion in marking those 2 flyers and playing with the nock alignment on those...

But, a more important question: Where did you get that cool red Radio Flyer wagon ?
    :laugh:

Ron

15. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

that was my next question.....:biggrin1:

16. Southernfryedyankee

Its actually my neighbors kids radio flyer. They said I could use it to tote my archery equipment around.

17. Radar

Radar Story of my life

Good group, Thats cool that they let you use the wagon, now all you need is to find someone to pull you around the 3D course with it!:rockon:

18. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

:laugh: Now that would be very funny to see at a shoot.:laugh:

So Dredly have you found anymore 7595's?? You should try some X-Weaves buddy they are fantastic.:peace:

19. sorry, not to get off topic but I havent shot the x weaves yet. I ordered some though. just wondering how well you liked them and why? also......great shootin and nice group!