My Buck

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by IAHunter11, Dec 2, 2006.

1. IAHunter11

IAHunter11 Member

Here is a picture of my monster button buck... haha.. However I didn't shoot it with my bow... Darn it.. But shotgun season opened today and this is the first time I have ever shotgun hunted... I just walked to to the end of a draw that we were getting ready to push. we were there for about 15 min at about 3pm and i was stading is some tall brush between the field and the actual timber I turned around and looked behind me a this little guy and another small one were in the same brush as I was walking to the field 5 yards away I pulled up my gun steped 6 in into the field and waited for it to walk into the field and boom... A shotgun slug at five yards make a really big whole... If that deer would have been a snake it probably would have bitten me... Somehow it didn't know I was there until I shot I moved and was up wind of it and the wind was blowing hard.... Crazy... But I still like bow hunting better than shotgun...

[​IMG]

2. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Congrats on the deer. He should make a couple of nice sandwiches. J/K I still have not even got a shot this year.:Cry:

3. IAHunter11

IAHunter11 Member

Sandwiches???? I might get a couple of pound of jerky... Maybe.... I think my dog is bigger... He looked a lot bigger when he was at 5 from the end of my barrel..

Last edited: Dec 2, 2006
  4. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Yes sir, congrats...

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

oh lord.....tell us the truth you shot the mother and he fell out right?? just kidding, at least you have some meat....and those are the best tasteing so enjoy.....

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I need to know did he fit in your game pouch or pocket on the way home???

o.k. that was mean and i appologize....

7. IAHunter11

IAHunter11 Member

It fit in my back pack

8. IAHunter11

IAHunter11 Member

You gotta start somewhere...... I shot at a nice buck but missed..... So i settled for the five yard shot... on the little guy...

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

see boys thats how you have fun w/buddies.....

10. IAHunter11

IAHunter11 Member

you know some people just take stuff way to serious....

11. BowhuntnHoosier

Even at 5 the bead on the end of my barrel would have covered most of him.:laugh:

12. IAHunter11

IAHunter11 Member

I had to post it I thought it was funny... It doesn't help that I am 6'3" 250 I make it look tiny.... well it is tiny.... but i make it look really tiny

13. IAHunter11

IAHunter11 Member

I didn't need a bead at 5 yds i just pointed and shot... no bead involved

14. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

They always look bigger at the end of the barrel...That's my story but you can use it... :thumb:

15. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

its called ground shrinkage, same thing happens when go swimming in really cold water....

16. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

When I go swimmin' in cold water the ground doesn't shrink...:noidea:

Are you off your meds again??

17. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

yes.......

18. BowhuntnHoosier

We really need a direct line to his fiance' so we can make sure he gets his meds. Poor girl has no idea what she is getting into does she.:doh:

Whoops sorry for the hijacking.:hug:

19. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

there is a seperate thread for that.....

20. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Now that one will be all tenderlion. Chomp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin1: Sometimes we are overtaken by the moment.HS