My first longer shots...

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Lwapo, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Lwapo

Lwapo Junior Member

Hi all,

Wanted to post and share my first longer shots with everyone. I've always been a 20 Yards and under shooter but after talking with the guy that tuned my bow up for me and thinking about how shooting at longer distances can help your shooting at shorter distances, I decided to try some.

Here are my 2nd and 3rd shots at 50 Yards. (First one was a bit high, but after that I knew where to put my pin)

The deer target is quartering away from me. It's been shot so much that a strait side-shot will blow right through the kill zone. Maybe its time for a new one? lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anywho, I'm happy. I'd never thought that I could shoot that far with that kind of accuracy. About 9/10 shots are hitting within a softball sized group at 50 yards with the occasional arrow going a bit left or right.

Hurray for a new pastime! (Shooting from more than 20 yards~!)

I guess I should plug the shop that helped it happen...
    Archery Extreme
    (517) 668-3700
    221 N Bridge St
    Dewitt, MI Map

And for the record, no, I'm not the owner/employee/etc of the shop. I just found out it was there from another site that I visit. I needed some work on the bow, so I checked them out. Nice guy, nice place.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2007
  2. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

Nice Shootin' there :rockon:

3. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

nice shooting there. You live in the Dewitt area then?

4. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Nice shooting. Don't worry about the vitals insert in the target until you see arrow sticking out the back...
    Long shots are a lot of fun. We mess around with that a lot around here. A few of us have Rinehart Field Targets (10" balls) that we spread around the field. We lob arrows about as far as 75-80 yards and try and hit them. It's a lot of fun and great practice.

Ron

5. Werd

Werd Senior Member

nice shooting. i shot 90 yards today. it didnt work at all. my bow would barely push it with my 50 yard pin moved all the way down.

6. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

do you know how to stack your pins for those yardages you don't have pins for?

7. chelleo

chelleo Senior Member

Nice that you caught on really fast...sometimes people get frustrated at those longer distances.

Shooting long distance is alot of fun for me at least. I don't use pins so I have it a bit easier with a sight and scope that you adjust easily. I remember the first time I shot from 80 meters I stood there and just laughed when I hit the target. I actually do better from 70 and 60 meters than I do closer...what's up with that...:laugh: I'm gonna miss doing our weekly long distance shooting when the rains of winter start.:Cry:

8. Werd

Werd Senior Member

estamated... i have a little bit of a gap between 20 30 40 50 prolly about -- that much.. and i just moved it down.. about that nmuch and went 60 then to 70...ect. til i got to 90 and i was like wow. i hit the target but WAYYYYYYY low

9. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

A lot of fun.On my RT 900 i have my pins set at 20-30 and 60 and when i practice i take the first 4 or 5 shots using the 60.Once the hunting season comes in though i move that 60 pin to the bottom out of the way....By the way...nice shooting.