My first tree stand

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by thjacobi, Sep 10, 2008.

1. thjacobi

thjacobi Senior Member

:D I finally got my first tree stand on Monday and I put it up yesterday (Tuesday). What a sweet feeling. this is my first year hunting deer and I finally feel like it will acctually happen now. My buddy has ten acers with a lot of deer on it. All his neighbors are cool with hunting so I have a huge area pretty much to myself and one other hunter. I am staying on my friends land and he showed me some sweet spots for my stand. :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :D

2. thjacobi

thjacobi Senior Member

I had to add a ratchet strap to make it more stable, other than that it is rock solid and very comfortable. We'll see this weekend if I can shoot a deer out of it. :noidea:

3. UPSTATE

UPSTATE Member

My first treestand was a baker climber and I fell out of it within 30 seconds after going up a tree in my yard.Actually it was a telephone pole and I had huge bloody slivers all throughout my stomach, chest,and arms when I hit the ground, evidently i hugged the pole all the way down. After my brother found out I wasn't seriously injuried he couldn't stop laughing.

4. thjacobi

thjacobi Senior Member

Ouch!!!! I am a little afraid of hieghts so I will deffinitly be wearing the harness it came with.

Must have been a funny sight and i bet you had fun pulling all those slivers out! :Cry: :Cry: :laugh:

5. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

Congratulations - enjoy it and your first one is a trophy no matter what. :thumb:

6. Werd

Werd Senior Member

Smart man.

7. J.Blay

J.Blay New Member

Can't wait to hear more when you get the heart pounding experience of up close and personal tree stand hunting. I clean missed the first three shots I had with a bow. I finally calmed down enough to arrow the fourth one, though. Good luck, and have fun!

8. I would have add alot more then just a ratchet strap to get me in that thing:doh: . I am a big whoose when it comes to hights and small stands, heck even with big stands:biggrin1:

9. deerassassin22

deerassassin22 BOWTECH TRIBUTE

Phone Pole

Guess you never read the insturctions were is mention's don't climb power poles.:D

10. Rino

Rino New Member

Hey nice rig. Good luck this weekend, I will be out also. I am hunting in Ottertail county, MN. If it's brown, it's down!

11. UPSTATE

UPSTATE Member

Yeah young and dumb
    When I fell I trashed the stand so after the first aid was over I brought it back and said it was all bent up when I got it. Since the reciept was for the same day they gave me a new one.
    Actually was the start of me killing deer instead of walking around in the woods all day. Did I mention it was around 1975.

12. thjacobi

thjacobi Senior Member

Thanks, good luck to you too. :peace: I am hunting in Carlton County. I am hoping to at least see a deer without peeing myself. :biggrin1:

Last edited: Sep 12, 2008