My new DL pics, any better?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Southernfryedyankee, Sep 19, 2007.

1. Cameron

Cameron Senior Member

Half inch to long in these pictures, plus there is zero bend in your left arm. I would recommend at least 1 inch shorter draw length than what is in these pics.

Nice bow!!

2. Southernfryedyankee

Southernfryedyankee Senior Member

I think its because I was so used to the old DL that I want to hyper extend my arm. after redrawing I put bend in my arm and the string went right to the tip of my nose. I definitly need to strengthen my bow arm a little. Thank you

3. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Hey Louie how ya doin??'

I agree you still look about 1/2" too long. One more inch and put some bend in the left elbow. Oh and try to aim level when checking form, do not aim low.

4. chelleo

chelleo Senior Member

You need to have the tip of your nose not the side touching that string and then your draw arm might come down a bit too. Seems you are lifting up a bit higher than you should be because of the draw length. Like Cameron said you should have some bend in your arm, not a ton just a tad.

5. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Shorten the loop and drop your anchor slightly. This may take care of it. Your loop looks to be an inch long at least.

6. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

is it more comfortable? I agree with Chris...what he said :biggrin1:

7. Southernfryedyankee

it doesnt feel like I am full stretch anymore by any means, like my last DL. It feels like I have more control and holding strength, if that makes any sense.

8. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

Have you been able to shoot at the new DL yet? Hows the accuracy?

9. Cameron

Cameron Senior Member

Open both of those eyes too!!!!

10. Southernfryedyankee

accuracy at 10 yards seems right on, but thats at 10 yards.

11. Southernfryedyankee

what does that do besides give me a better sight picture? I have tried that and cant see the peep

12. Southernfryedyankee

I would also like to learn to use my release better. Kinda like squeezing a pistols trigger rather than pull it, I feel like a hit the trigger rather than fire it.

13. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

That's most likely because the release is too long, putting the trigger too close to the fingertip. If you can try adjusting it shorter, like with the trigger clear back to where the finger meets the hand before you hook up to the string. If need be you can even use your middle finger to do the shootin..

I agree with Chris about the bow's draw length. It's fairly close and may need a bit of refinement, but most of your problem right now is with the right arm. You're just overstretched on that side. The loop could easily lose
    1/2". Maybe try a release with a short head designed for loops (trigger forward design).

Then get some more pictures. By then you should be pretty good on form.

14. beenfarr

beenfarr Senior Member

I pull the trigger with all four fingers, like my hand is in a mitten. It keeps me from punching the trigger.

With that mean look on your face, you could use some skulls on that bow. :D

Ben

Last edited: Sep 19, 2007
  15. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I got an idea just try this......

hook your release directly to your string under the loop and take a pic of it for me at full draw.....

just for a pic or 2....

16. Southernfryedyankee

Here ya go, sorry 4 the blurry pics

17. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

well boys and girls......what do you think??

does your release have any adjustment?? could you make it shorter??

get a shorter d-loop and shorten you release a little and you will be golden......

18. Southernfryedyankee

I can shorten my release, and as far as a loop id have to go back to the shop

19. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

we gotta teach you some simple repairs......a loop is the easiest thing going.....:rockon: