NBEF Class offered in Central IL

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by ilarcher, Feb 21, 2007.

1. ilarcher

ilarcher Junior Member

The Lexington Sportsmen Club is proud to annouce that they we be offerring the NBEF training course for bowhunters.
    Class dates are Saturday March 10 from 9am to 5pm and Sunday March 11 from 1pm to 4pm.
    Cost of the class is $10(pays for your books).
    Lunch will be provided by the Lexington Sportsmen Club on saturday.
    This Class is held to the National Bowhunter Education Foundation(NBEF) standards.
    If you are a Bowhunter looking for that big hunting trip out of state, you might need this class.

This class is required in these states. Alaska, Connecticut, Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island South Dakota, Vermont

In Canada. New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Quebec

This class will teach the beginning bowhunter to the season veteran bow hunter tips and safety. This class is for everyone. New tree stand standards will teach everyone new self rescue methods in case you ever do have a fall and hanging by your safety harness.

Please email me with your reservation. Reservations must be made to ensure you get your books and classs room materials.

Thanks,
    Brent
    crazyframer@yahoo.com

2. MoBowman

MoBowman Senior Member

I took the Bowhunter Education Class just last weekend here in Missouri. It was well worth the time spent to take it. Within the next couple of years you may find it required here in Mo. for everyone. Several cities that don't allow hunting within the city limits will open special hunts this fall and to be eligible to hunt you have to pass the course. These will be areas that have never allowed hunting in the past and boy are there some bruisers in areas. May see a new state record fall here in a couple of years :rockon:

3. sharpspur

sharpspur Junior Member

I took it last year in WI along with my son. It is a good class. I will probabaly go through it again when my youngest son needs it. To hunt turkey with a bow in South Dakota it is needed so I knew I needed it anyways. They were saying the other night at the club, WI is looking at making it mandatory with a grandfather clause.

4. ilarcher

ilarcher Junior Member

I forgot to add that for the outdoor section of the class you need to bring everything you would take hunting with you to this class(bow, arrows, backpack with everything you take to your stand,,,etc.)

You need to treat this just like you are going hunting in your tree stand, ground blind and so fourth.

Thanks
    Brent