Need a Bow

Discussion in 'Beginners Archery Range' started by soonerhunt, Oct 18, 2006.

1. soonerhunt

soonerhunt Junior Member

Does anyone out there have a bow that would be great for a beginner. I don't need anything real expensive but also don't want a dinosaur. I'm looking for something nice, clean, and is ready to go. Need 30-31 draw.

2. MoBowman

MoBowman Senior Member

Must be an alful big guy to have a 30 or 31 inch draw. So which length is it?

3. soonerhunt

soonerhunt Junior Member

30 1/2 actually is what I've measured. I keep finding some good deals on a lot of bows but most are 28 or 29. I'm still looking if anyone has something that you think might interest me and is a good piece of equipment.

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

were you able to find a bow yet??

5. soonerhunt

soonerhunt Junior Member

:Cry: Nope, still looking. I am almost to the point of going new but don't really want to. I know that there are good used bows out there. I had a buddy tell me that a friend of his just sold his old high country for 150 a few days ago. He didn't know that I was looking :doh: Some buddy, huh.

6. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Check out the Archerytalk.com classifieds. There is a guy on there selling McPherson "unlisted" bows for awesome prices, and they are very nice. The guys SN is MoNoFletch and he is great to deal with (bought my buddy a bow from him)

anyway they are going for about 350 each. Its the price of a used, but its new, has the full warranty, and they are very nice.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=339578

there is also somone selling one of his bows used for 250 on there as well... take a look you won't be disappointed.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2006
  7. soonerhunt

soonerhunt Junior Member

I appreciate the information. Will be checking it out today.

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

what is unlisted????

9. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Bascially they are improved models of last years bows that are made on a limited run, often using parts from last year combined with this year. The bow my buddy got looked like one of last years risers w/ this years limb pockets, limbs, and cams for about 1/2 the price of a new one :)

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

thats pretty cool.....

11. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

yup sure is. Like I said, they are nice bows too, I attempted to shoot my buddies and it wasn't bad. granted he shoots a 26 inch draw and righty... but it still didn't feel too bad

12. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

you must have looked like a monkey, shooting a draw length that short.....:laugh:

13. soonerhunt

soonerhunt Junior Member

got one

thanks for all the offers. got a great starter bow. lov'in it!!

14. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

what did you end up getting?

15. Radar

Radar Story of my life

He must be too busy out shooting to reply! Thats cool, congrats on the new bow--))))------------->