Need A Little Help From Indiana

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by Liv2Bowhunt, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Liv2Bowhunt

Liv2Bowhunt Senior Member

I am going to be heading out to Indiana to do some turkey hunting. My aunt lives out there so it is a family visit to hunt. They do not hunt, but they are putting me up for a few days. They live in Jasper. Anyone know any good areas to hunt and is it legal to hunt on Sundays?

2. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

Are you refering to Jasper County?.....:noidea: And yes it is legal to hunt on Sundays in Indiana...:wave: :wave:

3. Liv2Bowhunt

She lives in the town of Jasper. Thanks for the info on sunday hunting.

4. bullfiddle

yeah I checked Mapquest that's way down in the southern portion of the State.... Sorry but I can't help you in that area...:wave:

5. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

I live about 30 minutes from Jasper. I know where all the secret turkey spots are.....:tape:

6. Liv2Bowhunt

is there public land to hunt, or do i have to beg? pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!

7. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

If you look a little to the east of Jasper on an atlas, you'll see a large green shaded area. This is the Hoosier National Forest and it is big. Lots of public land to hunt there.

If you are here and I'm not working, I'd be happy to take you on some private land. :thumb:

8. Liv2Bowhunt

I may take you up on it, or even stop in to say hi and compare notes, we are looking at being out there the second week of May, probably the 8th thru th 10th, or somewhere around there. i will look for some onfo on that national forest. thanks for the offer and the info.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2008
  9. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

That's the last weekend of season. The birds will be call shy as crap by then... :D

I work that weekend, so I can't help you there....:noidea: I'd be off April 28th through May 4th.

10. Liv2Bowhunt

I know it'st the last weekend, but it is a learning experience, just checking out the land. Unfortunately we are unable to make it out sooner, conflicting family schedules. Hopefully we will be back out there for archery season at some point. I will let you know how we do and what we find.

11. rodney482

rodney482 I love this stuff

whats the price of an Indiana non res turkey tag?

12. bullfiddle

$120.....:tape:

13. rodney482

rodney482 I love this stuff

holy freaking cow,,, Are you serious????

14. bullfiddle

yep got it right from the DNR rules and regs book...:noidea:

15. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

What are you whining about??? Resident tags are $150............OK....maybe not yet......but the way it's going.....it won't be long......:mad: