Need Help On Scope

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by ICUTSTUFF, Sep 9, 2008.

1. ICUTSTUFF

ICUTSTUFF New Member

I Need Help Choosing A Scope For A Mathews Conquest 4. I Am Trying To Decide Between A Cbe/ Sure Loc / Sword Titan. I Want To Know Opinions And Reasons For Choosing A Cetain Scope. I Am Going To Shoot 3d And Some Field Archery Any Help Would Be Great. I Am Trying To Order My Scope So It Will Be Here When My Bow Comes In.

Thanks Scott

2. Scott, are you asking about a "sight" or a "scope"? Personally, "I think" the best combination is the SureLoc Supreme sight with the SureLoc Black Eagle scope. But whatever you decide on, be sure you match your scope diameter to your peep such that you can see the bubble.

3. ICUTSTUFF

ICUTSTUFF New Member

Help With Scope And Sight

I Really Need Help On Both The Scope And Sights

Thanks

4. swintj1

swintj1 Senior Member

It is just my opinion Scott, but I just went through the same decision you are going through in deciding what combination to go with for my new Mathews Apex 7.

I decided to go with the Sureloc Supreme sight and the Viper 6X Scope.

Why the sight?
    Sureloc has a fantastic track record of being the most durable, reliable, functional sight out there. They have everything you could ever want on a sight...3rd axis adjustment, micro-adjustments, quick-slide feature (only on Supreme) They are pretty light, and just great sights overall. Chris at Obsession Archery can hook you up and have it to your door in about 3 days flat!

Why the Scope?
    Well, as great as BlackEagle scopes are, are they worth $200 more than any other scope out there? That is an answer for you to decide, but for me, I just couldn't justify the extra $$$, just for some non-glare feature with the lens. I went with the Viper 6X scope for only $110, and I have to tell you, I couldn't be happier. Use the 6X in conjunction with a #2 superpeep clarifier...and being 100% honest...it is crystal clear for my 28" dl on the 38" A2A bow.

I've never had a problem with glare, so unless you are going to be doing a ton of outdoor competitions at dusk or dawn, i think you'll be okay without the anti-glare BlackEagles. And, if you are worried about the glare...just get the sunshade for the Viper scope..that will solve the problem.

These are just my opinions, but believe me...I just did all this about 3weeks ago, and this is the best combo for the money.

Goodluck, and post pics when you get it completed!:peace:

5. fstgstdsmpay

fstgstdsmpay Adam of Archery Outfitter

I own one of the sword Titans fantastic sight great quality, durable, Great Price got it for $150 over on AT. Very nice sight for the coin. But I like my Hoggernaut best :D

6. Agree 100% on your Viper vs. Black Hawk scopes. :amen:

I have a 1 3/4" Viper that is a great scope; however, it is just a little large for the size peep I like to shoot. The "only" reason I have the 35 mm Black Hawk is that I was able to buy it for $175 - just a bit more than 1/2 the retail cost.

And if the OP wants to save a few more $, look closely at the Viper scope housing and a lens from DY Optics ($60).

7. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

sure loc sight, Extreme scope and lens from archery optics. I am sure he can do the anti glare also.

8. Gator eye

Gator eye Guest

I went cheep on the sight and high dollar on the scope.

I have a 29mm sur-lock scope, I use the 1.0 diopter for indoor and a .55 diopter for outdoor.....I have to admit they are a little over kill, the lenses are better than my eyes.

9. NerdHick

NerdHick New Member

10. TOOL

TOOL Junior Member

Sure loc has been the standard for some time in moveable sights. However, IMO, they have been passed by Axcel. Very well built. Very well marked . Very easy to adjust.

I've had a good chance to look through the black Eagle scope. I was not impressed. No better than the Viper. On top of that, they want you to buy the pin seperate. (for that kind of money, most would call it over priced).

11. Gator eye

Gator eye Guest

I didn't mind the seperate pin...I don't use a pin for indoor shooting but do for outdoor shooting so it's nice to be able to remove it.

12. Me either - with my old eyes the pin is never bright enough indoors and outdoors there always seems to be a "blooming" effect. Stick on dot reticle for me.