Need help....Please.

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by IChim2, Dec 19, 2007.

1. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

I don't know why it's happening,but it's starting to get to me.When i click on a thread and the page comes up....this is what it looks like:frusty: .It comes up and just stalls with that funny looking thing in uper right hand box...2nd pic.Before i logged on here i was at bass pro,cabelas,and The"other site" and not a single problem.Can anyone help...any idea's.It's been doing this for a few days now.

2. J.C.

J.C. New Member

It's the new banner ads. make sure the page is fully loaded before you click on something else. It should say "Done" in the bottom left corner.

Dial-up blows. :frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

3. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Mine is loading really slow tonight also...

You have Dial up too so the ad banner is probably killing you...:noidea:

4. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

This one particular banner with the poison ivy on it or whatever it is seems to be the worst the other banners didn't have as much animation in it....

5. IChim2

I don't mean any disrespect to the sight...but even though i'm on dial up...it was fairly fast.Even with all the stuff that the "other site" has it loads good and no problems...even cabelas works smooth.:noidea:

6. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

I hear you...
    I didn't have a problem yesterday but today it's really slow loading...:frusty:

7. IChim2

I could handle it being a little slow....but the page stalling/jamming is what gets me.The blue bar in bottom right hand corner gets about 1/2 way and stops....I waited for 2 minutes..using my watch and that was it.I had to back click and than click on the thread again.I've been on here for about 30min and it's jammed 5 times...2 times while trying to pm poorman.:frusty:

8. OneMustFall

OneMustFall Member

Server upgrade!!

I have DSL and it loads slow also,so its not just you,i wonder what gives ...................:noidea:

9. IChim2

Slow is an under statement.It's the stalling thats eatin me up.Never thought i'd see any thing slower than a/t.....or bow site.wonder whats in that banner.

10. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

I have cable highest speed and it is in a blink of a eye lol.
    Any way check and see if you can turn off animation in your explorer tool bar. It will speed it up. I know you used to be able to.

11. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I have cable highspeed also and its A BUNCH SLOWER than it was last week........

12. IChim2

I have everything set on their orig/default levels....hate to change any of them.Seems like when you change one of your default settings....something else messes up.Don't mean to complain.....just bothers me that it's not doing this anywhere but here.I don't know how many times i've left here and went to the other sites to see if was my computer acting up....but it's not..just here.

13. OneMustFall

OneMustFall Member

That banner is a Adobe flash 9,not micromedia flash,might be slower ,heck i dont know,:noidea:

14. IChim2

Theres been 2 or 3 times that a box came up when the thread stalled and asked if i wanted to install micromedia...i clicked no.I don't have adobe flash...just adobe reader 7.0...but it's always worked fine before.

15. goldflinger

goldflinger Senior Member

I have dial up and I haven't noticed anything moving any slower. I think we have updated our adobe ready though.

16. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

if you don't have the latest version of Flash you may want to get it. Depending on how the ads are loaded into the page they may be causing the failure to load due to errors on page. Most ads are under 20 - 30 Kb so it really shouldn't take more then 3 - 4 more seconds to load the adds.

17. MoSkeeter0311

MoSkeeter0311 New Member

I would guess this is where your problem lies. But as isaid, It is only a guess. I think it is trying to use the banners micromedia flash and can't find the program to do so. But just a guess.