Need Help Selecting a Bow

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Warghost, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Warghost

Warghost Junior Member

Hey guys,

Just got into archery and I am not having much luck finding what I am looking for. First off, I will not be using this bow to hunt, only for recreation with friends. They all have camo bows, and I want something different.

I am partial to black, matte/flat black is preferred. I need something with a 30" pull and 60#. I am unable to find anything under $200-$250. I know that a lot of bows are worth every penny they cost, but this is something I'm just getting into and can't spend much on this.

Can anyone here offer any suggestions or advice? Thanks in advance!

2. Liv2Bowhunt

Liv2Bowhunt Senior Member

If you are anywhere near PA, I could get you a sweet deal on a clearwater, good bows, not new, but in your price range.

3. outdoorsman

outdoorsman Senior Member

are you trying to stay at 200 to 250 including the bow ready to shoot?

4. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Might be worth taking a look at a Genesis. I believe they have them in black and they are around $200 for the bare bow. You could likely find a used one, but might have to comprimise on the color. They are completely adjustable for draw length but they have zero letoff and lighter poundage. I think the heaviest draw is 40# or less though.

Ron

5. Warghost

Warghost Junior Member

Thanks for the replies, guys. I did look at the Genesis Pro, and may go that route. I will also start looking on Ebay, as used bows are in my price range there.

6. Werd

Werd Senior Member

Hey dude...you want to get into archery. its one of the most expensive sports. your looking to spend 300-600$$ on new. 100-300$$ on used. i wouldnt buy a used bow.. just put 50$ back every paycheck and wait. thats what i did and i got a 550$$ bow for 350..DEAL! where do you live also. because i got a bear TRX32 and its only 299.99 full package. 6 arrows, sights, quiver, stabilzer, loop...ect. everything you need. now this is in PA at lancaster archery

7. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

I have bought so many used bows it ain't funny. You just need to know what you are looking at is all.

8. Warghost

Warghost Junior Member

I live in Florida. And this will just be used for playing around with, so I don't need anything fancy. I have spent so much money on RC helicopters, RC planes , my car, etc...I am reluctant to spend much on yet another hobby that I won't use. heheh

Anyway, I will watch Ebay and maybe find something new on there at a great price.

9. OneMustFall

OneMustFall Member

classifieds

dont forget to check the classifieds here also lots of great deals.......:peace: