Need Help to ID this Bear Bow

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by Rube, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Rube

Rube Junior Member

This is my first post here, so take it easy on a newbie. I have taken a 20+ year break from bowhunting to raise a family. I'm trying to get back into the sport and need new equipment. The choices are bewildering, but sites like this really help. I went to my local bow shop and spotted a new Fred Bear compound that really seems like a good value. The internet reviews are pretty favorable for Bear products. My problem is that I can't determine the model I am considering. It appears to look a lot like the Element model with the split limbs and single cam; however the model is nowhere to be found on the bow. It has "Fred Bear" written on each half of each limb. Is anyone aware of a Bear Model that doesn't identify the model. The dealer said it was a packaged deal and he is not sure of the model either. I shot a few arrows through it, and the let off was amazing compared to the Jennings T-star I bought 25+ years ago. I would appreciate any input--even if you tell me to run from this deal!

2. beenfarr

beenfarr Senior Member

Hmmm...weird that the dealer didn't know the model, he might be thinking you were going to try to find a better deal on the net, so he is with holding information. I would be suspicious. :dizzy:

Ben

3. J.C.

J.C. New Member

:welcome: Rube. I've seen some Bear bows at my local Gander Mountain that look to be built from leftover parts. For example, one had cams off a SQ32 on a TRX riser and the cams and limb pockets were anodized bronze instead of green. I think it was called a Quantum. I think Bear was just trying to clear out excess inventory on older parts.

If you like the bow you shot and the dealer confirms that it has a full warranty, depending on price, I'd go for it if I were you. I would recommend that you go to as many shops as you can and shoot a lot of brands. As you said, you've been out of the sport for a while and you might find something you like better than the Bear.

4. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Yeah...that sound wierd to me too...

Welcome to the forum Rube...

5. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

Do you have the specs on it? Brace, rated ibo and ata. The closest thing to the Element is the Instinct. The Code and the truth have there new single cams for 2007. and what year is it will also help?

6. Rube

Rube Junior Member

Thanks for the input. I think that it is a good idea if I were to take some measurements on the bow and compare to the specs on the current models. Another good point is to confirm that it carries a new product warranty, althouth I'll have to check out the Bear website to see what is warranted.

7. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

as long as its a new bow. meaning hasnt been sold prior. it can set on the shelf for 10 years and will still hold its warranty from factory.

8. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Now thats cool:cool:

Hey welcome Rube maybe ya can find a Bear site and look around and send us a post pic Sm:smokin:kes