Need Help with arrow drag

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by chigger 1, Aug 31, 2007.

1. chigger 1

chigger 1 Junior Member

Hi All

First time to visit..

Bought a hoyt viper tec last year from a guy and love it. Was the first to put the bow in a tree and kill with it last year. I had noticed that one of the cams was out of time a little and had it put back in time at the local bow shop. and now i get it back with arrow drag.. what i have on it is a Trophy Taker Micro. Adj. Drop away. What has gone wrong??? all the bow shop would say was there was no adjustiment for the prob.. Like hell ..all they want is to sell a new rest..

Chigger:frusty:

2. J.C.

J.C. New Member

:welcome: chigger. Sounds like you need to adjust the timing so the rest falls a little quicker. There's several guys here who shoot the TT and I'm sure they'll chime in and tell you what to do. I don't have any personal experience with that rest.

3. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

I just wanted to say welcome...I've never used one but that sounds like an idea to me...

4. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

tie it in higher on the cable if possible?

move the rest closer to the string (further from the riser)

I don't think there is a setting to adjust but the drop rate is determined by where on the cable its tied into (ie: how much string)

this is assuming its lined up correctly, are you sure its lined up right? its entirely possible the rest is now not in the correct position because of the other work you've done (higher / lower nock point)

5. chigger 1

chigger 1 Junior Member

Thanks for the info, but this thing is comming off, and i will go with what i know will work.. i have re squared, moved. up. down. left. right. in and out and retied string short & long and still cannot get it to stop draging. O well just the way it goes

Last edited: Sep 1, 2007
  6. Sniper

Sniper Senior Member

Do you mean the vanes are making contact with the rest after release? That the reast is not falling fast enough to get out of the way?

7. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

Contact TT on it. It may have trash in it. Send it in to them to check out.

8. poorman

poorman And thats no lie !

What exactly do you mean by arrow drag??? Please explain what it is doing. I shoot a trophy taker and have no problems with it.