Need Sighting in Help

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by OB1.25, Jan 20, 2008.

1. OB1.25

OB1.25 Junior Member

i am trying to sight in my new bow. i have an hha, single pin, slider sight. i have the scope on the lowest holes on the bracket, an the slider is almost at the top of the adjustment, just about 1/4 in left and this is my 20 yard mark.
    i need the arrow to come up some, should i move the nock point down, the rest up, or the rest and nock point up, aaaahhhh! :frusty:

2. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

move both:cool:

3. Rob / PA

Rob / PA Bowyer

Tuned?

Is your bow tuned to center shot? If so, I wouldn't want you to take it out of tune by messing with rests and nocksets.

IF your bottoming out your sights etc, sounds more like an anchor issue, tuning issue.

4. J.Blay

J.Blay New Member

I would suggest getting an understanding of how to tune a bow. I began this myself by searching compound bow tuning, printing and reading the helpful info I found. Within a few days of starting to tuning my own bow, begining with the tiller and sequentially moving through all the steps I read about, I was paper tuning and wasn't worried about experimenting and messing up my tune because I could figure it out myself. It took some hours and days of frusteration and persistance, but just a year later I only lack a bow press to be able to completely service and tune my own bow.

5. Thats what I did, and if I can do it, nough said:tape: :biggrin1:

6. aligator

aligator Junior Member

Call HHA, They have been great with solving my sight problem.

7. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Move your peep?

8. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

This is the best answer I have seen so far. Assuming the arrow is at true center shot... I would like to see a pic of the bow from the side with an arrow nocked on the string...:amen:

9. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I didn't get the Site Guru tag for nothin :wave:

10. J.C.

J.C. New Member

Yep. Sounds like his anchor is too high....