Need Some Ideas

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by MoBowman, May 1, 2007.

1. MoBowman

MoBowman Senior Member

Next month we are having our 3rd Annual Benefit 3D shoot and I need a bit of help and ideas. We have a very nice 3d target to give away and looking at something other than a Long Shoot to give this away. Here's the thing with the Long shoot. Guys with scopes and adjustable sights have a large advantage over everyone else. Now seeing as it is a BENEFIT shoot, we want everyone to have as good a chance as anyone else to win this target, regardless in which class they shoot.

So, I'am open for any ideas on what type of novelty shoot to have. Lots of people out there that have been to many, many shoots, I know there has to be several good ideas where no one has a distinct advantage over everyone else. :noidea:

2. 'SIN'ERGY

'SIN'ERGY Senior Member

The floating ping pong ball is usually a good novelty.

3. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

We had the Genesis Novelty shoot at one of our 3D's. They had about 4-5 different Genesis bows, a person picked the one they wanted to shoot and shot a coyote sized target at only about 15 yrds. By the end of the day, the person that was closest to the spot won the prize money.

I have also seen the floating ping pong ball.

We also had one...small standing bear, long, unmarked yardage, downhill, it was very dicieving the way they had it set up. By the end of the day, the person that was closest to the spot won the prize money.

Let us know what you go with

4. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Ya ever had a speed shoot.

Set ya up about 4 animals and everybody gits 4 arrows and who ever shoots it tha quickest wins or give em 1 min ta shoot it. Then score tha shots.

Card shoot. Put up a deck of cards on a target and everybody gits 5 arrows highest hand wins

String shot
    run a string through tha course and have a verity of animals set up at differnt places . Make them unusally interesting. skunk at a trash can ect. Highest score wins

5. Sammy PSU

Sammy PSU Member

I saw a CD shoot somewhere, that seems pretty interesting. Not sure how it works, but seems like that would be challenging.

6. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

That would be cool.
    I was going to suggest that everyone shoot with the same bow, Genesis or some other bow with 0 letoff, no draw stop and long arrows (30-31").

I think that would be fun.

Another idea would be to have a deal where if you hit a spot on a target at a shorter distance your name got thrown in a hat and then just pick a name out for the prize. That would remove some of the 'technology and ability' out of the equation.

Ron

7. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

Paintball shoot. stick a line of paintballs in a target a couple inches apart, see if anyone can hit them at 20 yrds.

Balloon Drop. Have a small target tied to a balloon which is hanging from the target butt, When the balloon is shoot the target drops and the partner has to shoot the target. Two man game and all about timing.

8. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

we made our long distance shoot set at 90yds. With a 8" steel plate w/ a 3" hole in the center for the open stake shooters. and same setup but w/ a 6" hole in the center for the hunter stake shooters. and mounted them to a large 3d target over the vitals. Had a real great turn out. Was alot of fun too.

9. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

card shoot!

Thats what we alway's shot!
    kinda like what smokes said but alittle different!
    a whole deck of card's on a bale,face down,they dont know what there hitten,2 shots for a dollar,21 gets in a shootoff with another deck.
    If your club hasnt did this one youve gotta try it,a lot of fun.
    Make it easy 20yds, kids win a lot of time.:biggrin1:

10. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

When I first started shooting, we shot a lot of these. Ruined a lot of arrows, but I liked them :doh: :biggrin1:

11. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I say you have an arm wrestling tournament for it.:laugh:

Just kiddin I think the Genesis w/full length arrows would be cool. Give em 1 practice at bale then 20 yard beaver.:biggrin1:

12. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

The indoor part of the range close to where I live has a shooting lane all the way over to the side that's set up like that. I think the hole in the steel plate is 2" and it's a 20 yard shot. I've not tried that yet but I've seen the carnage from people missing the hole. Talk about loud...

Ron

13. bill10418

bill10418 Why be Normal

How about a target moving from left to right, or right to left, or even at an angle. Use a turkey, javelina, or some other small 3D target and use a winch that is battery powered. This will give everyone a fair shake at the shot.

14. MoBowman

MoBowman Senior Member

Some great ideas here. I have seen the floating ball shoot, and the card game would definitely be interesting.:biggrin1: For faster shooting may a game of Black Jack. The idea of the moving target I think everyone would enjoy. Now I just need to figure out what would work best for our shoot :noidea:

Thanks folks, keep the ideas coming :rockon:

15. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

One club here has a 2x4 mounted to a low RPM 12V motor with the axle of the motor going through a hole in the center of the 2x4. There is a Rinehart frog on each end of the board. You sit down on a cooler and put your foot on a small switch which gets the frogs on the board rotating. You take 2 shots, one at each frog. Your best of the two arrows counts as your score. It's about a 10-12 yard shot and all classes shoot from the same location.

Ron