Needs some help

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by ggwash21, Aug 11, 2006.

1. ggwash21

ggwash21 Junior Member

I"m nto new to bow hunting but i'm not a pro, i sold my bow last yr with everything on it and now setting up my new bow and need some insight on which sights too use?
    I was looking at a Trophy Ridge sight
    Anyone out there use any of them?

Gary

2. MoBowman

MoBowman Senior Member

Trophy Ridge is good, I'd also look at the Viper sights. You want something in a .019 pin and low light visability. Good Luck, not an easy choice sometimes.

3. ggwash21

ggwash21 Junior Member

No i have been racking my brains out for a week now......
    i'm kinda leaning towards trophy ridge but ones i looking at i cant find in .19 i see .29

4. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Tough decision there are alot of really nice sights out there. For me the top five in no order are:

Copper John
    Trophy Ridge
    Toxonics
    Spot Hogg
    Black Gold

Just my opinion.

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Are looking at fixed pins or a slider, multi pin, one pin? I still like my HHA but recently purched a Toxonics multi pin and really like it on my back up hunting bow. I beleive it was the top dog model...

6. killbambidead

killbambidead bambi killer

u dont really need a .19 pin unless ur lookin at 50 yd shots

7. ggwash21

ggwash21 Junior Member

I ended my week long grind of desided which to buy,
    I picked up a Trophy Ridge micro matrix 3pin

thanks for all the help
    since i found this site its been help already

Gary

8. piethon

piethon Member

I've used the 5-pin matrix for a year now and think you will be happy. It's very durable and I like the quick adjust options.

9. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Trophy ridge makes a great product. You won't be disappointed.

ps: good call on multiple pins. Those single pin sights are hard to use for hunting unless you have an extremly flat shooting bow

10. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I have a Trophy Ridge Guide Series vertical pin with 5 .019 pins. I have had it about 1-1/2 years and I like it a lot.

The only thing is that I replaced the fiber on the bottom pin with longer fiber since it was very short and was not bright at all. If it were .029 fiber it probably would not have mattered. I saw a newer version of mine over the weekend in Muscatine at a 3d shoot that had a longer fiber on the bottom pin, which was wrapped around the pin so they must have known it was an issue and fixed it. It's a very well made sight with flexible, no tools adjustments.

Ron

11. radtuck

radtuck Junior Member

I have the micro matrix 3-pin also. I haven't used the glow stick yet, but It picks up plenty-o-light with day shooting. Guess I'll find out about the low light Sep. 15th. It works great, and I love the way it can be adjusted without tools. Very good sight!