NEW ACC's vs OLD

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by HYTMANN, Oct 5, 2007.

1. HYTMANN

HYTMANN Senior Member

Last week I purchased a new 1/2 dozen 3-60 Easton ACC's, series DR, built them up match grade (all components matched in weight). When I was done, all of the arrows were within 3/10's of a grain of each other. The problem is they are 5 grains less than the older arrows of the same series, assembled the same way. (all components are hand matched in weight, by me, even nocks.) I had heard from a friend that Easton had cheapened up on the carbon of the newer arrows, until now I had not tried any of the more recent ACC's because I able to get older runs through a local connection. The newer versions are identified by slightly different banding and labelling. So I went out to shoot them along side the last 3 of the older runs I had left, at 50 yards the 3 older ones were consistently grouped in a 1 inch circle (I was really on that day!) and the newer ones were grouping in a 3 to 4 inch circle around them. They just don't group as well as the older version did. I tried again over the weekend with the same results.:frusty: If you shoot'em, stick with the older ones, the newer ones just don't seem to work as well. As a result I went ahead and ordered a set of Nano's, they should be in next week. Hopefully they work as well as they cost! :eek: :faint2:

2. BuckeyeRed

BuckeyeRed Super Member

I bought another dozen about 6 months ago. Shoot the same for me. :noidea:

3. HYTMANN

HYTMANN Senior Member

Not sure when the change was made, check the banding and blue lettering for the hunters warning, are they the same or different?