New and needing help

Discussion in 'Beginners Archery Range' started by warrior_lk1019, Sep 7, 2006.

1. warrior_lk1019

warrior_lk1019 Junior Member

I'm new here to the forum, and I'm new to the sport in this
    sense. I have not shot a bow in over 30+ yrs. and I have never shot a compound bow. I use to be deadly at a 65yds. with a 45lb. recurve. But that was in my day hahaha. I have a draw length of 25-25.5 and I believe maybe at a weight of 55-60lb. range with 65% let off, would be good for me. I'm 5'4'' and a bit stronger than I was back then. My question is this: I am leaning toward the purchase of an Apex7 and I am in the research process of aquiring what I need to know to make that decision final or go to another bow. I would like to shoot competitively, and hunt as well. I have looked into a clubmemebership too. I am still in that process. Any help you can offer me is greatly appreciated and respected. Thank you very much, Les

Last edited: Sep 7, 2006
  2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

while your at it buy two, then we can be best freinds........I'll take mine in the 27.5 draw though.......:hug:

but seriously have you heard anything but good about an Apex 7???

3. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

I've been talking to warrior via PM prior to his post. He wants to get back into competitive archery and also hunt. The A7 would be great for both. I would get it with the string suppressors though. I have them on my camo bow but not on my field bow. It really helps with string vibration on the shot and noise. Considering your going to hunt with it, I recommend getting them.

4. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

I've been talking to warrior via PM prior to his post. He wants to get back into competitive archery and also hunt. The A7 would be great for both. I would get it with the string suppressors though. I have them on my camo bow but not on my field bow. It really helps with string vibration on the shot and noise. Considering your going to hunt with it, I recommend getting them.

5. warrior_lk1019

warrior_lk1019 Junior Member

I did read one article about something with the bearings going bad or a bushing being replaced with plastic. So at this moment I am looking into 3 bows and will go to the Pro-Shop hopefully this weekend to shoot all 3 of them... They are, (in no specific order) the Apex 7, the Trykon, and the Tribute. Read very impressive things on all 3... The one thing laying in top contention, however, is the fact that the "mass kenetic energy" on the A7 is so freaking unreal that it's a huge selling point in it's #'s alone, but all things considered, the reports are fantastic when weighing in the Pro's and Con's. Anyone that can produce more information would tremendously be appreciated on my part. Have a great weekend, and "knock-Em-Down and drag-em-home"

6. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I just replied to your post in the general forum area... hope it helps