New Archer in the House

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by hylander, Dec 26, 2006.

1. hylander

hylander Junior Member

My Daughter is now an offical new Archer :)
    Shooting a Parker Buckshot.
    27" draw
    28" XX75 1913
    Tru Glo five pin
    S-Coil

Still need to get her a good Release and a good Rest, any suggestions ?

[​IMG]

2. roosevelt

roosevelt Junior Member

niiice!! great to see a dad sharing intrests with his daughter, when mine gets old enough i will be doing the same:biggrin1: for the rest, i would say a whisker biscuit, it takes a little of the archery pressure off, she will not have to worry about her arrow falling, as for a release, there are so many good ones on the market now, one that fits her hand the best of descent quality seems to be the only right answer there, again, congrats on introducing her to a great sport:peace:

3. ib4hoyt

ib4hoyt Riff Raff

good to get her started in archery..
    i would suggest you shorting her draw adout 2 inches if the bow is ajustable..
    she will learn some bad habits with that long of a draw, she is leaning way back..

4. rdnkgrl_robinhood

rdnkgrl_robinhood Senior Member

Biscuit style rest may be good for her since she is just starting out as for the release I was going to suggest a Truball Short-N-Sweet. They are very adjustable in the length between the finger and wrist since most women have smaller hands it is imperative that you get a release that will fit her hand. Most of the standard releases for men would just be too long and she would find herself frustrated in a short period of time.
    check it out and see what you think, they only run about 30 bucks or so

http://www.truball.com/ShortNSweet_S1.html

hope this helps:peace:

rdnkgrl

5. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

yup shorten up her draw a bit. I would say at least 1 - 1 1/2 inches, she is leaning back a bit. I don't think you need to go as far as 2 inches though but she may be leaning back further then I can tell.

Definitely get her a WB rest. it will work well for all her shooting needs and then she can choose to upgrade later and your only out like 35 bux

You may want to put a short string loop on there as well. Caliper releases that are pinched tend to wear on the string. its also normally more comfortable to shoot off a loop as there is no way it will slide on the string :)

good luck

6. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Well I also would suggest a WB, like thats a big surprise.:biggrin1:

Release Tru-fire or Tru-Ball are both great companies and make some fine releases.

Definately want to get a loop on the string.

My son loves his Buckshot(when he shoots) seems to have lost the fever for awhile.

I did'nt see any request for form remarks as I am sure you see what we see. But here goes. Raise and slightly open bow hand. Bend at waist if target is low do not drop bow arm. Shorten DL about 1 inch so she can put a little bend in her elbow. And oh yeah unless she is blind baling open at least her right eye.:laugh:

Dude we are so lucky to have children to enjoy this great sport with and I am sure you are as proud of her as I am of my sons. Keep up the good work and enjoy the time spent together.:peace:

7. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Nice to see that. I hope she has as much fun as the rest of us do.
    Another release that's got a ton of adjustability in it is a Cobra Green Mamba. The wrist strap is very adjustable and the length of the strap that attaches the caliper to the wrist strap has a ton of adjustability in it.

Ron

8. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

I shoot a green mamba and I love it. Really adjustable and a smooth trigger...
    Great to see another addict...I mean archer join the fold...:biggrin1:

9. MO.HICK

MO.HICK Senior Member

Great to see your girl into shooting. All my boys are into archery. What a way to spend your day than shooting with your kids. That is untill they start shooting better than you. I agree to shorting her draw length about 1 inch. I like true-fire releases.

Mo.Hick

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

where is your target in that pic????