new archery fad

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by longcut36, Mar 20, 2008.

1. longcut36

longcut36 Senior Member

I notice at the indoor shoots this year a lot of shooters are slinging their bow around to the left when they release. has any one shot beside one of these guys and does it bother you. all that do it are shooting a B.T and say they are getting the perfect release this way. maybe I'm old fashion but I still think the bow should stay still or fall forward. but if there is a better way I can change.:D

2. Push - Pull...

Pull with release hand, puch with bow hand. When the release goes off - the bow tends to go left with right handed shooters.

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

there draw length is too long.........

4. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

:laugh: :laugh:

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I wasnt kidding......:noidea:

Hey 911, ask your your BOY, JOE......

your bow should go straight foward and down......

THOSE WORDS CAME RIGHT OUT OF HIS MOUTH........AND HE IS 100% correct......

if your breaking off to the left, what is that doing to your shot.....

if I fully extend my arm straight out and squeze off on the release, MY BOW ARM goes to the left every time......

6. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

Bunnyboy,.....Kid, I've forgot more about archery than you'll never know. BUT, you are correct sir. Straight back, and push straight thru. If you are busting off the the left, you are having a form breakdown problem with your bow hand which is usually caused by hand torque which can be solved rather easily. At least I think its easy to correct.

7. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

Get back on topic Please...
    :focus: :focus:

8. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

:mad: :confused:

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I hope I get to speak my peace here, BUT I WAS ON TOPIC......

I answered to the original posters question......:noidea:

and then when I respond to someone calling me out, I get the post removal treatment......

if I need a Mod IMPOSSED ban thats fine, BUT I WASNT OUT OF LINE......:doh:

10. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

Yes you were Bobby.

Now, back to archery fads, I wouldn't exactly say its a fad cause I really haven't seen it. Maybe the top guy in the area you were at has some bad habits and other locals were mimicing?

What I see for the most post is flipping the bow straigth head over heels. Oh, and either way, no, the way other people shoot doesn't bother me. The way I shoot bothers me. :biggrin1:

11. dano1977

dano1977 Senior Member

Was Slippy sent here to drive everyone crazy or what? It use to be a nice place to hang out.

12. clemenlp

clemenlp Diamond in the Rough

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

13. Full Draw

Full Draw New Member

I'm with Bunnyman on this one. Unless your DL is too long, how else does one end up with the bow going left when your pushing your bow straight into the target.

14. clemenlp

clemenlp Diamond in the Rough

Even with the correct draw length, if you develop the habit of "bowing" the back to get the BT to go off you will have a tendancy for the bow to move to the left.

This, however, will be more exaggerated if the draw length is too long.

15. NerdHick

NerdHick New Member

well this is whats happening to me...off to the left and I found myself "gripping" the bow at the same time I punched the trigger...BAD BAD night....

16. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

So, if Bunny is correct, does that mean, for right handers, if their draw was too short, they would be pulling out too early and finishing flinging the bow off to the right?

I think not. You push and pull at the same time. But don't always assume everyone's right arm is as long as their left and vice versa.

17. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I was only speaking of RIGHT handed people.......it would be opposite for left handed people.....

the original poster was talking of RIGHT HANDED people....:noidea:

18. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

AND NO if there draw was too short the bow would still go straight......YOUR HAND IS PUSHING.......

19. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

I know shooting a bow ain't identical to golfing, but if you were right handed and your golf clubs were too short, what direction would the ball have a tendency to go?

20. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I HAVE NO IDEA:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

GOLF TO ME.......is like watching paint dry........

unless its some of them hot golf girls:noidea: