New arrow advice

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by IN Bowhunter, Feb 26, 2008.

1. IN Bowhunter

IN Bowhunter In search of the big rack

Well guys and gals, the time has come to get some new arrows and I'm looking for some advice. I am shooting a Mathews Drenalin at approx. 74 lbs. and 28" draw length. Keep in mind I don't really want to break the bank! Give me the good, the bad, and the ugly on what you like or don't like and why. Oh, this is for a hunting shaft and I will using 100 grain broadheads and probably Blazers (maybe FOB's). Thanks!

2. arrows

Take a GOOD look at the Victory line of arrows. Some of the most consistant and toughest arrows made today.

3. IN Bowhunter

IN Bowhunter In search of the big rack

4. cape buffalo

cape buffalo New Member

goldtips,carbon express,blackhawk,axis,go to ebay or mountain archery..they have goldtips 38-40 dz..

5. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

:peace: Look at the easton Axis...:peace:

6. J.Blay

J.Blay New Member

I shoot carbon express terminator light selects. 70.00 doz. tyd from ecmbowhunter. I just ordered unfinished shafts a few days ago. Go to carbon express web page and you'll find the straightness and weight tolerance is second only to competion shafts. I avoid anything with a coating or painted surface because the carbon express carbon shafts are much easier to refletch without the fancy coatings.

7. archer1983

archer1983 New Member

8. trussoni

trussoni Ninja Fighting Fool

Carbon Force Radial X-Weaves here the 300 series. Not sure how much a person can get them for online but I paid $120 a dozen.

9. rpford53

rpford53 Member

Check out the Radial X-Weaves 300, the three main arrows are the hunter, predator, and the pro. they range in price from 60 a dozen, to 120 a dozen for the pros. Just a word of caution on the Victory arrows, we have had a problem with the nock end of the arrow splitting for no apparent reason.

10. sqwert

sqwert New Member

I used beman MFX 400s last season. They are a little heavier, for good KE and fly well for me out of a 71# bow and 28" DL. They were $72 per doz. @ LAS. Beman ICS Hunters are great arrows too, for $60 per12. :cool:

11. jdawg240

jdawg240 BOWNUTS

I would buy any arrow that says Easton Axis on it!:D

12. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Yep

I use Beman Ics 400's for 3D and hunting $65 a doz:biggrin1:

13. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Another vote for the Radial X-Weaves. They are fantastic arrows.:peace:

14. trussoni

trussoni Ninja Fighting Fool

The X-Weaves are the nicest shooting arrow I have tossed from my bow.

15. irkr

irkr New Member

I shoot wrapped and fobbed GT 5575s thru my 28" 72 lb. Drenny.:usa:
    irkr

16. ropadop

ropadop New Member

With my SB 29" 70 lbs, I shoot plain black Axis 400 cut to 26.75" with blazer vanes. I get about 295 to 300 fps. Very good penatration with this setup and either wasp jak-hammer 1 1/8" cut broadheads or grim reaper razor tip.