new bow

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by jetshowell, Oct 8, 2007.

1. jetshowell

jetshowell Member

i was thinking about getting a new bow but i dont want to break the bank looking to spend about 500 tops on a new one i want something fast but forgivinge and kind of compact for treestand hunting i have a 28" dl and i shoot about 60# i want something that drwas smooth but is still realy efficeint. was looking at the reflex line and was set on that until i thought about getting a used switchback any idea how much they would cost or if i could find one in lefty

2. Lwapo

Lwapo Junior Member

I was...

I was in the EXACT same position as you recently with the same budget.

I ended up getting a PSE Brute and I love it.

Other things suggested to me were...

Martin Bengal
    Bowtech Tomkat
    PSE (Next step up from a Brute... Fusion or something?)
    AR35 by American Research

GL!

3. Werd

Werd Senior Member

i would deffiantly go with bowtech. they are the best bow on the market right now. or a hoyt....

4. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

look at the new 2008 pse rogue x. 35" A/A , 7" brace, 3.9lbs,26-30" draw. 320-330ibo= $399.99... need I say more... Best bang for your buck on the planet. where else can you get an all machined speed for for $400.00?

5. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

What I usually do is buy last years model. You can get a really good bow at a discounted rate if you shop around. I have never been one of those guys that had to shoot the latest and greatest. But hey I like my toys too.....:rockon: