New bowhunter

Discussion in 'Beginners Archery Range' started by wvbowhunter, Jan 19, 2008.

1. wvbowhunter

wvbowhunter wvbowhunter

Hey everyone . . . I'm new to bowhunting and I just got my new bow. I need to know what the best equipment you guys recommend. My bow come with a rest but it's one of those cheap ones. What would be the best arrow rest to where the arrow won't fall off when I shoot it. I also need to know what the best sights are for a bow. I can't spend very much money so i need some cheap prices. Thanks.

2. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

What are your price ranges for this stuff?

And..

:welcome:

3. wvbowhunter

wvbowhunter wvbowhunter

prices

My price range would probably be between 25 and 100 dollars

4. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

:lol:
    These don't go together...

Welcome to the forum and Bowhunting. Best is really subjective, everyone usually will give a different answer. For hunting I would suggest a Wisker Biscuit rest the run like $30 and are "Full containment" the arrow can't fall out. as for a sight for hunting find a good 3 pin fiber optic like a Trophy Ridge they'll run around $50-60 I think...They are good peices, but you will have to experiment to find what you feel is best.:D

5. wvbowhunter

wvbowhunter wvbowhunter

Thanks for the information. my grandad told me he would recommend the whisker biscuit but i wanted a second opinion. i will check out the websites. thank you again. i will probably go out and buy me one.:cool:

6. tmurphy

tmurphy Guest

check ebay u can sometimes find some good deals on there.

what part of WV are u from, i was born and raised in good ole WV - clarksburg area. I moved away when i went to devry, i live in ohio now.

and welcome to the site.

7. wvbowhunter

wvbowhunter wvbowhunter

i live in monroe county. i'm a little ways out of Union. i don't think i've ever been to Clarksburg.:peace: