New Bowtechs

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by scottg, Jul 28, 2007.

1. scottg

scottg Huntin Junkie

Both of my sons just got their new Tomkats in. I was very surprised at how well those bows shoot. They are pretty fast and quiet. It only took them a couple of days to start peeling the fletchings off their arrows. That is when I had to tell them that is why they put more than one black circle on the target. One thing that I found odd was that the Tomkats were noticably more quiet than my Tribute. All in all we are very pleased with the new bows. I am waiting on my chrono to see what we are shooting. Deer season is just around the corner for us.

2. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Those Tomkats are great starter hunting bows. I shot one before I bought my XT and it is a fantastic bow. Of course the Tribute is a good one too. Glad to hear your sons are having fun and costing you more money in vanes.:laugh: Tell them I want some pics of them shooting and some closesups of their bows.:peace:

3. philg

philg Member

You cant go wrong with a Bowtech of anykind. I shoot a Mathews Drenalin but the Bowtech Guardian, to me draws smoother. There are so many good bows out there its hard to go wrong. It's all about what you feel comfortbale shooting. Congrats with getting your kids involved. I hope they get a get a big one. This year is my sons first year with a gun next year a bow.

4. scottg

scottg Huntin Junkie

I will get some pics to post of them. I have been out of bowhunting for alomost 14 years and I am now just getting back in. I shot the Tomkats and the next day went and picked up a Tirbute. I shot an XT, but the Tribute just felt better to me. I will keep you posted.

5. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

TomKat is a great bow for the money!! As far as noise compared to the Tribute 90+% of noise can be traced back to setup and accesssories. I'd be checking everything out. The Tribute I shot last year was very quiet:cool:

Dan

6. scottg

scottg Huntin Junkie

Here is a pic of my Tribute. I do not have the pictures of the Tomkats yet, but I will post them soon.

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

its a TRIBUTE to a WEINER DOG.....:biggrin1: :biggrin1:

8. scottg

scottg Huntin Junkie

That weener dog loves to have his picture taken. To say the least, I would be kicked out before the weenie dogs go.

I talked to my youngest son the other day and he gave me the report of a 2 inch 4 arrow group @ 30 yds. That is pretty go considering he has only shot a bow for 3 weeks. October 1 is slow to get here and we can't wait.

9. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Call them dogs ......."Stretch" after tha limos. they so ling.
    Cool dogs too

10. gmherps

gmherps Senior Member

11. scottg

scottg Huntin Junkie

I just noticed that my son changed out my sights. I bought the bow with Trophy Ridge vertical pins. I found some Tru Glo sights with the LED light for a good price but did not have them on the bow when I left for work. I guess that he changed them for me.

I could not decide on what rest to get with the bow, so I just put a WB on it for now. Any ideas on a good hunting rest? The top rest when I quit bow hunting years ago was a TM hunter on a 4" overdraw. Things have changed since then.

12. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

The QAD is a very popular rest. Personally I think there is not a better dropaway rest on the market than the Limb Driver:cool:

Dan

13. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

have you shot a Copper Johns, Scardey Cat PRO??

14. scottg

scottg Huntin Junkie

The only rest that I have shot latley is the WB. I was looking at the QAD as one of my first choices. I do want to get the rest that I will shot for a while before I tune the bow for max performance.

Thanks for the input.

15. Dens228

Dens228 Senior Member

I'm really liking my Limb Driver.
    Coupled with the rubber arrow holder on the shelf it's pretty much the same as any containment style rest.

16. scottg

scottg Huntin Junkie

I haven't seen the Limb Driver yet, but I will check them out.

Thanks

17. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

I have used, sold, and setup several Dropaway rests and to me the Limb Driver is the clear choice:cool:

Dan

18. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

Yes I have but I still prefer the Limb Driver:D

Dan