New BTR 32 Owner and shooter ....looking for advice

Discussion in 'Beginners Archery Range' started by tornacl, Sep 2, 2008.

1. tornacl

tornacl Umm where it go ?

Well like the title says... I picked up a used BTR32 from a friend that went with an Instinct.
    I am highly interested in archery but, a couple of "shopping" trips convinced me to look into a used setup so I decided on the BTR.

Now onto the real questions.... I am looking for someone that has shot or still shoots this bow that can guide me through the setup, maintenance and what to do to get the best performance from it.

I asked some questions at Cabella's but they seemed more interested in selling me new toys than helping me get the best out of my new (used) bow.

If there are any specific questions I need to ask or info I need to know any and all help will be GREATLY APPRECIATED !!!

Gregg

2. red44

red44 Senior Member

You have any idea what year it's from? Single cam? Do you know what draw weight and draw lenth it supposedly is? Can you find a serial number on it?
    Contact info for Bear Archery. (also Jennings/Buckmaster)
    Bear Archery
    817 Maxwell Ave
    Evansville In 47711
    ph 800-694-9494

3. red44

red44 Senior Member

So far I only see BTR's in single cam configuration (looking at classified adds). Does it have any stickers with string and cable lenths on it?

4. tornacl

work stinks

Ok so now I got some free time ... a few trips to the pro shop and soem phone calls and here is what I have come up with.

The Buckmaster BTR 32 is distributed by Escalade Sports.
    It is supposed to be a 28-30 inch draw @70 pounds.
    It was made in 2004.

Ok now the bad news ...the bow string and buss cable are in really poor shape.

The pro shop measured the axle to axle at almost 35 inches ... it is supposed to be 32 3/4 inch.

So I ordered Vapor Trail string and buss cable in green and orange.

The serial number is still on the bow , but the string and cable length was worn off, along with the draw length and weight.

Called Bear (thanx Red) and got the info for Escalade Sports. Escalade gave me the info I needed to get the bow back up to specs.

Gregg

Last edited: Sep 18, 2008
  5. tornacl

Also as a side note ...the tech put some twist back in the string and got the draw length down from 33 to 31, but a side effect was a draw weight of almost 80 pounds. That's when the tech decided to do all the measuring to weed out all the issues and we found the string/cable problems.

So now for the current setup.

Using Beeman Explorers (Scheels Brand), 400 spine cut to 31 inches with 100 grain field points (might be pushing it a bit).

Whisker Biscuit Rest, Cobra Boomslang 4 pin sight, peep sight (don't know brand)

I'm using a string loop and a Scott Little Bitty Goose.

Gregg