New Easton Axis Shaft - nano technology?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Chris, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

I heard there is a new improved Easton Axis coming out. It has something call nano-technology in it. This stuff is supposed to be stronger than steel. They have somehow incorporated it into the shaft making it even more durable.

It is supposed to be the same weight as the old shafts so you don't have to buy all new ones.

2. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

interesting on long distance huh?? I'm listening..:decision:

3. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

The marketing people are digging deep these days I think...

Nano, schmamo...

I'll be sure to run right out and blow bucks on those for sure... :frusty:

Ron

4. Archerdad

Archerdad Senior Member

i saw some of these yesterday.
    135.00 a doz
    they are not even on easton's web site yet that i could see.

5. Josh_Putman

Josh_Putman My little huntin buddy

Is that like the stuff from Star Trek? :noidea: :doh: :peace:

6. JBUTLER

JBUTLER Senior Member

They're not even close to that. I think they went up like $5 a dozen from the original Axis.

7. Archerdad

Archerdad Senior Member

the shop i was in had them for 135.00 a doz and 67.50 for a half
    maybe he is way high .. i dunno:noidea:

8. JBUTLER

JBUTLER Senior Member

I'm suprised he has them in the shop. Some of the reps dont even have them yet. As far as price goes, he's super high if thats what hes going to sell them for. I think they're suppose to go for around $90 a dozen!

9. Archerdad

Archerdad Senior Member

really! wow...
    i was thinking of getting some.. maybe not:frusty:

10. beenfarr

beenfarr Senior Member

Maybe you saw the carbon express Nano's. Very skinny shafts, and very expensive. :noidea:
    Ben

11. Archerdad

Archerdad Senior Member

eastons for sure.....

12. JBUTLER

JBUTLER Senior Member

The difference being that the CE Nano is just a name and the Easton Nano is actually a patented technology. Plus CE is made in Korea vs all but 2 shafts for Easton are made in the USA.

13. beenfarr

beenfarr Senior Member

Yeah, I was reading about eastons Nano technology, sounds pretty cool! I'll gladly pay $130 a dozen if they last me 2 or 3 seasons!

Ben

14. Archerdad

Archerdad Senior Member

where did you read about them?
    i could not find them on easton's web site

15. beenfarr

beenfarr Senior Member

I googled "easton nano", I didn't see anything about their arrows, but read about Easton bike forks, and baseball bats that use this technology.

Ben

16. JBUTLER

JBUTLER Senior Member

The dealers are just now starting to get the new catalogs.

The Nano's are supposed to be the strongest carbon shaft ever made!

17. Archerdad

Archerdad Senior Member

all i was seeing was bike stuff. i'll read more then.

18. Archerdad

Archerdad Senior Member

here is some info i found about it.

Easton has an eighty-three year history of leading the market by developing new materials and innovative products. Easton has been manufacturing sporting goods using carbon-fiber composites since 1989 and has been the leading brand of composite bicycle handlebars since their introduction in 1998. Now Easton’s research and development team is proud to present a revolutionary breakthrough in composite materials and manufacturing.

Nanotechnology is the next frontier in scientific research and advanced manu-facturing. Nanotechnology deals with the manipulation of materials on an atomic or molecular scale measured in billionths of a meter (nanometers). Scientists worldwide are spending countless man-hours and billions of dollars researching uses for nanotechnology in the areas of electronics, medicine, robotics and structural reinforcement.

The weakest areas in a traditional carbon-fiber component are the tiny spaces between the fibers that contain only resin. To radically improve strength and toughness in these critical areas, Easton Scientists have developed an innovative Enhanced Resin System using carbon nanotubes (CNT). Carbon nanotubes are an array of carbon atoms arranged in a pattern of hexagons and pentagons (similar to the pattern found on soccer balls). These structures can be manufactured in tubular shapes one billionth of a meter in diameter, hence the name nanotube. Carbon nanotubes have been called “the strongest fiber that will ever be made”. Nanotubes have a strength-to-weight ratio orders of magnitude greater than steel.

Easton’s proprietary process impregnates the resin/fiber matrix with evenly distributed carbon nanotubes. The addition of real carbon nanotubes greatly improves the toughness and strengthens Easton’s already legendary components.

and a link

http://www.nanovip.com/node/2019

assuredly sounds like a supreme arrow.

19. Archerdad

Archerdad Senior Member

20. beenfarr

beenfarr Senior Member

I will definately be buying a dozen of these bad boys. Assuming they don't have H.I.T. :laugh:

Ben