New Fibers What colors?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by tnts79, Aug 4, 2008.

1. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another members post on here got me thinking about replacing my fibers. I know green seems to be the best at dusk.

I thought about going all green but I think that will be hard to get used to??

Anyone have any experience with the hunter orange from Scott and Sons Archery. I am thinking about going the tough fiber route alternating green and hunter orange.

I have a tru-glo micro adjust tool-less sight with 5 .019" pins. Current
    Green (20)- best
    Red (30)- useless even with a light unless its bright out
    Yellow (40)- blends in with background colors and doesn't light up well
    Red (50)- junk, same as above
    Green (60)- best

Any advice or pics of your sights??

2. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

Pretty much agree with you on the colors, red is fine in good light but I always loose that pin first as the light fades and yellow gets lost in the background once in a while; had that happen to me on the course yesterday. I don't know what the answer is but I have pondered what to do about it like you; so far I've done nothing.

3. J.Blay

J.Blay New Member

I use a Cobra sidewinder radiant sight. It comes with 3 feet of coiled fiber for each pin. I bought .019 pins for it from Bowhunters Superstore web sight, at under 9.00 each, plus shipping. Some Sidewinder models come with a light, and some don't. I paid about 40.00 for mine, with a light. The Red is useful out to 30 yards or so. I use the green for 40 and 50 yards. I don't use yellow. I tried a blue .029 pin. It was less visible than the yellow. I've never tried orange. I shot a deer with it last year, just before dark. It made it easy. If my eyes get any worse, I'll be switching back to the .029 pins. They are easier to see.

4. red44

red44 Senior Member

I went all green. If I can get the pics up....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 5, 2008
  5. red44

red44 Senior Member

Don't know why the second one looks yellow in a pic, but trust me it's green.
    No harder to remember which pin than remembering which color for what yardage.

6. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

I might go all green or alternate green/orange. I talked to Po Boy on AT, he said green/orange were his best selling colors. I will be sure to post up some pics when I swap them out!

7. Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot New Member

At dusk and dawn there are times when the whole woods turn yellow(maybe a bit orange). I like green and hot pink(too bad I've never found pink fibers).

8. MichiganHunter

MichiganHunter Senior Member

i like neon green or a neon yellow. they have always worked good for me. i also think it differnt for everone. i would look at them all and at differnt times of the day and differnt areas and see what you like and works for you.

9. QDAWG44

QDAWG44 Junior Member

hey red44, what kind of sight is that bottom one, looks awesome ??