new guy with question

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by bbitter, Mar 10, 2008.

1. bbitter

bbitter New Member

first off hey guys

you guys know a ton of info and seem to be very helpfull. my question is i was looking at getting a heater body suit my buddy has one and says he loves during late season bowhunting. any of you guys have one or used?? i want some input on it before i buy it, but theres a sale on them right now ans want to buy it if i do during the sale. any input is appreciated.

Thanks and again hello

2. markalbob

markalbob Everybody loves a clown..

welcome to the board. I'm not sure where you're from or how cold it gets there, but here in WI I gun hunt in as cold as -20 (not happily, but if it's that cold, I do it). I personally would not go for a heated suit--I've never tried them, which is an important caveat, but thus far I've done everythgni by layering rather than putting all my eggs in one basket, as it were.....

Just my 2 cents, hopefully you'll get someone who's tried it though and can speak from experience. If not here, check a few other hunting sites, and even some ice-fishing boards--those are folks who know about needing to keep warm.

3. markalbob

markalbob Everybody loves a clown..

by the way, if the name stands for british bitter, you're doubly welcome to the board

4. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

:welcome: to the forum. Glad you joined the ranks.:wave: :laugh:

I have not ever used a HBS but talked to a fella from I think Canada last year and he said he loves his. If your buddy likes his and you think you may and they are on sale.....................then whats holding you back??:laugh:

5. msar

msar New Member

Welcome here too!!

6. trussoni

trussoni Ninja Fighting Fool

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

7. HCAman

HCAman New Member

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:
    I havent used one either, but I seen a thread on AT I believe that showed how to make one with an old sleeping bag. You might want to try a cheap alternative before shellin' out the bucks...

8. bbitter

bbitter New Member

thanks guys for all the hello's.....well im think im going to order mine tomorrow (i think) if i do i will let you know, im from WI and it gets cold i just not a fan of a ton a layers it makes me fell to bulky i like that this might not make me feel that way.

Bitter

PS. the Bbitter is not for British sorry. its my name Brian Bitter