New Hoyt Bows...

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by swintj1, Oct 23, 2007.

1. swintj1

swintj1 Senior Member

Hey All,

Just checking out the new hoyt bows on Hoyt.com, and just seeing what you all think of it. I just purchased my Vectrix and I still have the option of trading it in for full price that I bought it for and can exchange it for a Katera. Would you recommend this, or should I keep the Vectrix. They seem almost identicle except for the cam and the brace height.

Any of you going to jump on the Katera, or are you going to wait it out until a company hits the big 350fps mark?

2. jetshowell

jetshowell Member

you could even switch to the vectrix plus and gain a little power but keep your brace height not much diffrence but you can say you got and 08

3. OA3D

OA3D Member

You gotta shoot one and then decide which one feels better.

350fps - deer and foam still dies at 300 fps:frusty:

4. Werd

Werd Senior Member

personally i hate hoyt

not the bow.....the price :laugh:

5. 'SIN'ERGY

'SIN'ERGY Senior Member

Yeah,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, you would still probably miss even with a HOYT,,,,,,,,,:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound:

6. Werd

Werd Senior Member

LOL:hug: yea prolly...the next deer i shoot at will be under 20 yards. until i learn to get everything down tight i dont take shots over 20 no more

7. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

baby steps, that's where we all started. I don't shoot unless I am 100% confident I am going to ring that deer up.

8. STRO

I just may keep my vectrix xl. I am very happy with it.

9. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

Even when your 100% confident things can still go wrong! Thats hunting, when you take shots beyond your typical 20 yarder all the little things multiply and you have yourself a clean miss or a wounded deer:doh: I will take a clean miss any over coyote food as I am sure any other hunter would! My longest shot on a deer was 43 yards and that was my 8. I hope I never have to take another 40 plus again! If I would have made up my mind to shoot him I would of had him at 20 in the timber, but I couldn't decide and he walked out into the field, got one last range on him, centered up and let it go. It was a rush to say the least to see the old lumenok hit home! Are lumenoks really illegal in Illinois?:noidea: Don't care, i'm using them!

10. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

There are going to be to major differences that may impact your decision... The Cam and brace. (not sure what cam you have on the Vectrix)

As for my preference it looks like on the Katera Xl, you can get the nice Cam & 1/2 (which is Draw length adjustable, unless they changed this classic) and 7.5 Brace. So in IMO it may be worth looking into??? :noidea:

11. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

I like the Katera but I think I will be sticking with the trykon for a little while until some company comes out with something really exciting! And the tan/sage green strings just don't do it for me:noidea: Seems to me shooting it bare with just a QAD on it, I noticed some shock in the hand. The vectrix felt like a better shooter to me.....

12. STRO

I love my vectrix xl - it's my little baby

13. timberghost

timberghost Senior Member

I didn't see anything to make me come off my Vetrix XL. I'll wait to shoot them before I decide.:wave:

14. j3dGuam

j3dGuam Senior Member

I might get the Katera if I can get my lady to front the bill.:biggrin1: I told her she can combine my birthday and Xmas together.:noidea: I still like my Vectrix and my Vtec but I would like to see what all the hipe is about with a real "Speed" bow. I would gain about 15 fps over my Vectrix and 20 fps over my Vtec.

15. LongBowhunter

LongBowhunter Junior Member

Speed isn't everything boys, get that energy working for you. I know they are a little more expensive but the axis 400, does wonders with the 100 G5 upfront.

Well at least it does comming out of my Hoyt but now it's for sale, time to upgrade

But mine is PowerTech with those arrows it is at 286 fps and it's only said at 53 Lb.

LongbowHunter