New Hoyt Pix

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by MoSkeeter0311, Oct 18, 2007.

1. MoSkeeter0311

MoSkeeter0311 New Member

I got this from another site

Administrator

Group: Root Admin
    Member No.: 1

OK here is the straight dope from the HOYT guys. First of all the pics that have been posted so far are not the real pictures – they say when the catalog comes we will see. Ryan at Hoyt is so excited about the new line he was talking faster than a cattle auctioneer on crack. I have never seen them so excited about the new line. So here goes

New Cams are –

Cam ½ plus – The draw curve is beefed up to match the C2, so better speed and back end than the original. Also you have the same ½” draw adjustment range.

C2 cam – is unchanged and as fantastic as ever. I will shoot target with the C2s this year again.

Z3 cam – is the replacement for the Vector. It has more speed and on the new Katera bow, it’s the fastest bow HOYT has ever produced with a TRUE 330 with no gimmicks or tricks – right out of the box. The next improvement over the Vector is an insanely smooth draw. I thought the Vector was smooth, but they say this is the smoothest and fastest.

Bows

Katera XL – At 36”, is the new flagship bow for Hoyt this year. The test shooters say that this thing holds like a rock and pounds X-s like a target bow. HOWEVER, with the ripping speed of the Z3 cam it is a totally different animal. Target bow feel and accuracy with WICKED bone breaking power. Hoyt is very specific about this getting an “out of the box” 330 fps. Not tricks, gimmics, or caveats… 30” 70# 330. I have already ordered one for my Hunting bow.

737 – They say that this is the 3D bow. At 37” Axle and 7” brace, he says it is the perfect blend in 12 ring snapping forgiveness and yardage fudging speed. This one will also be the choice for shorter draw length shooters. It will preserve speed so you can reach longer ranges without running out of sight bar. ( I hate when that happens) It is available with the C2 and Cam ½ plus.

The Vantage X7 and X8 are the target bows – I haven’t touched them yet, but they are 41” Axle The X7 has XT1000 limbs and the X8 carries XT2000. The X7 has a 7 ¼ ” brace and the X8 has a 8” brace. The Vantage riser is a deflex riser and is developed to have the same target shooting appeal as the Elite Series handles. This is the one I am going to shoot this year. I am thinking that the longer riser and shorter limbs will reduce the virtual mass and make it even smoother. I also believe that the shorter limbs will be more forgiving on rough shot with less lateral defection. It is available with the C2 and Cam ½ plus.

38 Pro – Stays the same with less options. It only comes with X1000 limbs. I shot the 38 Pro XL last year. This years configuration will be a driller for 3D, and outdoor target. This will be a great bow for shooters in the 28” and under draw length range. It has better scale for the draw and will likely fit much better than the longer offerings. It will also give some ripping speed in the shorter draws so short draw shooters can reach out and touch that 90M target or hit bigfoot at Redding without any sight shenanigans and have plenty of room to get your arrow under your scope. 

Trykon – The Trykon line is still there and ready for 3D.

Montega – is still there but they have brought back an improved version of the accuwheel for this one. I expect this one to be a super long draw shooters dream and of course you can’t forget the finger shooters. All you dyed in the wool tab flickers will love this one.

Accessories – my god! The accessories!

New Hoyt rests made in conjunction with DMI - Better pricing and solid repeatability are to be had with this line. The guys at Hoyt say you are going to love them. You have the option of a fall away, prong, or a spottie model with the Dave Cousins blade. New Fuze stabilizers – made in conjunction with Doinker, are the most wicked stabilizer combo available. They were compared to the new Easton bat technology with the layered Aluminum and Carbon. They say these are going to be scarce as hen’s teeth because the manufacturing process in involved, so don’t wait on this one. I am hoping this will be the next replacement for my good old X10 indoor rods.

They are the (LT to RT) KT XL, PRO E, Ultra E, X7, X8

Last edited: Oct 18, 2007
  2. MoSkeeter0311

MoSkeeter0311 New Member

3. timberghost

timberghost Senior Member

No more Vulcan or Vetrix?:noidea:

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

discontinued for 2008, BUT back for 2009:noidea: :noidea: :frusty: :frusty:

5. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

Does anyone know what the specs are on the katera xl? I see the ibo speed is 330 and I think I saw it is 36 inches ata, what is the brace height and how much does the bare bow weigh? I hope it is a little lighter then my vectrix xl.

6. timberghost

timberghost Senior Member

Ah! I see. The Vulcan and Vetrix were pulled so they wouldn't interfere with the sales of the new bows in this years line-up. Yes sir, the Vulcan and the Vetrix, they're all that and more!:D