New Martin...yet another bow to choose from!!!

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by mudbug_4, Jul 13, 2006.

1. mudbug_4

mudbug_4 Junior Member

Has anyone heard of/seen/shot the new bow from Martin ("the Bengal")? I am still looking for a new bow in the next month or so, but I haven't shot any yet. I'm trying to narrow down my search, but I don't want to restrict myself to a certain brand. I really like the concept of the parallel limbs, but I have no clue/preference on the cam system.

I keep researching online, but I'm itching to shoot some bows! The only shop around here just carries Mathews and Pearson bows, so I have to wait until I'm in Baton Rouge to try a variety (I'm eventually heading to Ft. Polk, so I'm not positive what kind of shops are there).

Thanks in advance for all comments,

Keith

2. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Yes I have heard of the Bengal but have not seen or shot one. I will try to make it to Terre Haute on my days off and see if the shop there has the Bengal. Last time I was in there they only had 4 Martin bows I think. Lots of Mathews,Hoyts,Bowtechs though. If they have one I will fling a few arrows and then get back with you. Good luck and happy shooting all those wonderful new bows. You know I could'nt wait to get my bow but then after it was ordered it was like the day after christmas all the excitement was over. I just loved going around shooting any and all bows I could get my hands on. :peace:

3. MoBowman

MoBowman Senior Member

If I remember right several years ago (maybe 10) Martin had a bow called the Bengal. At the time it was one of the fast ones. Maybe at some point in time they need to bring back some of the old names. If there is one it must be part of their 2007 bows and those are still top secret.

MoBowman ```--------->

4. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Slippy for President!

I used to shoot one of those. Real nice bow. Short BH.

5. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

I have one in my shop right now. 2008 model. 33" a2a, 7" brace height. Draws smooth and shoots really nice. They have an option for a factory STS string supressor which I install on all my bows before I sell them. It is overall a really nice bow for a great price. You should try one for sure before making a final decision. :thumb:

6. Doc Holliday

I was talking about the '96 model. :D

7. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

8. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

The NEW Bengal isn't all that new. It was brought out for 2007 and is a very good seller. Short, parallel limbs and a cam (MPro) that is smooth as butter, Add to that a price tag of about $399 and you have one of the better bargains on the market.

There are very few changes for 2008, except they seemed to squeeze a few more FPS out of the cam and changed the color of the cam from silver to black and added a draw stop.

9. MichiganHunter

MichiganHunter Senior Member

i have one and i love it. i got it a few months ago and i shoot it every chance i get. its very smooth, shoots great.

10. Doc Holliday

Mine had the Z cams and was very smooth. :thumb:

11. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

They were new when this thread was started........July 2006.:doh:

Doc has been doin some diggin lately. I think he is bored over here.:noidea:

12. jessetjames

jessetjames Junior Member

i got the moab its a very good bow and the same price :):peace: and pearsonly it is better then the bengle.

13. OneMustFall

OneMustFall Member

some people just have to much time on their hands.............:biggrin1: :laugh: