New PSE X-Force

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by mdbowhunter82, Oct 10, 2007.

1. mdbowhunter82

mdbowhunter82 Junior Member

Hi, I was wondering if anyone is shooting the new PSE X-Force? I have been shooting a Fred Bear Epic Extreme for the past 6 years and am looking to upgrade. I like the idea of having one pin for 40 yards and in. Have also been looking at the Matthew's, Bow Tech, etc. Anyone have any input?

2. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

Your typical hunting arrow wont be 1 pin to 40 yards. Thats a marketing gimmick with a 350 grain arrow! Just try one out, I shot one and didn't like it. If your going to spend the money shoot every bow you think you might like and then decide! :welcome: to the forum

3. mdbowhunter82

Thanks tnts,
    I know it was a 350 grain arrow and would most likely shoot heavier than that. I watched the 10 minute video on youtube and it smoked the competition. I have not been hunting as hard as i used too and im ready to get back in the game.

4. MichiganHunter

MichiganHunter Senior Member

i went and got a new bow a few weeks ago... went in looking to get one bow and ended up buying a differnt one.... i shot 15 differnt bow and picked the one i like best.

5. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

Yeah, if you look into high country they advertise bows well into the 350 fps range, but they shoot a 230 grain arrow.:frusty: :frusty: Companies use speed to lure in consumers, just go in with an idea what you want to shoot and shoot several, then let your wallet decide! More often than not the bow you like the most is more than you want to spend.....decisions decisions!

6. rpford53

rpford53 Member

I have been shooting the XForce for about a year now, and yes it is possible to shoot one pin out to 40 yards. You set it at 30 yards and you will be about 2 to 3 inches high at 20 yards and about 3 inches low at 40 yards. But for 3D shooting, I use 4 pins, set at 20/30/40/50. The key to the one pin is that you need to have the speed. My set up is: 60#, 28" draw, 305 grn arrow, at 321 fps. I know you'll here from people who shoot other bows that it is not possible and that is becuase they do not have the speed to do it. All bow companies make an outstanding product, but lack the speed to do the one pin out to 40 yards. It is not a gimmick, it is possible but you really need to be shooting at least 330 fps, which is possible with the XForce. :rockon:

7. mdbowhunter82

You guys are right, shoot them all and pick the one you like. The only problem with that is im a lefty with a 30" draw.. so alot of the time the stores in my area dont even have one available to shoot.

8. mdbowhunter82

Thanks, i figured i would be shooting about 65# with a 30" draw, which i figured would be plenty fast and about 90 lbs. of kinetic energy.

9. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

I am a lefty too, sometimes you get lucky! I was going to keep my reflex as my back up bow but I have been thinking about selling it. Your planning on buying new aren't ya?

10. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

Well duh.... you can do that with any bow. I don't consider 2-3" here or there to be do-able! My arrow hits where I hold my pin its that simple. Lets just run the numbers, im shooting a 390 grain arrow at 285 fps.

ke on my trykon 70.36 (29" draw @ 65lbs) 390 grains
    ke on your x-force 69.8 (28" draw @ 60lbs.) 305 grains
    just for reference

11. MichiganHunter

MichiganHunter Senior Member

THAT ONE OF THE REASONS I STARTED SHOOTING RIGHT HANDED.

12. 'SIN'ERGY

'SIN'ERGY Senior Member

Well then you really don't have 1 pin out to 40. When someone says they have 1 pin to a certain distance most mean that that pin will hit the x at any distance in that range. A shotgun slug will drop up to an inch from 50yards to 100 yards, and that is traveling a heck of a lot faster than any bow will shoot an arrow.

13. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

You get a "that a boy":thumb: for that SINERGY! Wise Man....:peace:

14. mdbowhunter82

No thanks, I like the Reflex's though. My dad just got one. What i meant about the 40 yard pin was if you're shooting optimal fps with the x-force you're not going to have to worry as much about arrow drop(according to the tests). Im talking about shooting whitetails not quarters.

15. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

Depends on where you are holding the pin!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

If you want a Fast bow take a Look at the Airborne models from Bowtech. I think you will be pleasantly surprised once you shoot it against the competetion. I have one on order:cool:

Dan

16. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

Well if good nough is good enough for you then you can have 1 pin to 60 yards!:noidea: :doh:

17. mdbowhunter82

Who knows? couple years you just might...;) ;)

18. rpford53

rpford53 Member

If you read my message you will see that it is my 3D set that I have different pins, on my spot bow I have a scope, my hunting set up is one to 40, then one a 50, 60, 70, 80. It is like maxuim effective range on a rifle, where you can hold dead center and hit the boiler room out to a certain distance. On pin hold dead center out to 40 yards, then you hit it in the boiler room = dead deer. I have seen the Airborne bow it the list IBO speed yet, close, but now cookie.

19. rpford53

rpford53 Member

Oh, my elk set up is 60#, 28" draw, 380 grn arrow = 293 fps for kn of 72.46. :peace:

20. Huya

Huya Senior Member

Yes and that was a setup gimmick. You didn't see them put that bow against say a Mace or a Black Mamba, Or and Envy, Or and allegence with speed mods or trykon with speed mods and many others that can produce in that speed range. No you saw a 345 355 fps bow challenge a 305 to 315 rough guess bows.
    I am not saying that the X force is a bad bow. No way it is a great bow. But now there is a lot more bows coming out this year 08 that are going to produce the same and higher fps. Your best bet is to forget about that commercial and go to a shop. Try as many bows as you can and decide what feels best to you.
    Otherwise you will find yourself regretting your purchase almost instantly and will always second guess what you bought.